Data Architect at Derivco. (Umhlanga, South Africa)
Location: Umhlanga, South Africa
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:42
Are you an experienced or aspiring Data Architect with a passion for turning ideas and business demands into innovative solutions?
Who are we?
- Our culture is DevOps based with current tooling such as Azure DevOps, GIT, Visual Studio, VS Code, Selenium, Sauce Labs, and Octopus Deploy, to name a few.
- Our technology stack is HTML5, Angular, .NET Core, C#, SQL Server, Azure, Kafka, Couchbase, Kubernetes, ... in fact, it touches so many technologies that we even publish our own quarterly Technology Radar!
- Our systems are Enterprise scale processing thousands of transactions per second, geographically distributed and running 24/7.
What do we do?
At Derivco, a Data Architect is intimately involved in the following activities:
- Designing high volume, 24/7 OLTP systems.
- Designing modern architectures using traditional BI, cloud, and big data technologies.
- Providing oversight and technical leadership of projects that implement the aforementioned architectures.
- Performing due diligence to ensure that all aspects of the solution are adequately catered for, such as infrastructure and support requirements.
- Defining the organization's data strategy and driving it throughout the organization.
- Participating in systems and analysis design activities that extend beyond the data domain.
- Reviewing and approving solutions conceived by other teams throughout the organization.
- Managing technical and executive level stakeholders.
- Mentoring architects and developers.
What do you need?
- Ability to wrestle complexity into structure.
- A great verbal and written communicator of technical topics to a wide audience of roles.
- Solid technical foundation across a wide range of topics.
Specific skills and experience:
- Strong Systems Analysis and Design skills.
- Strong Data Modeling skills.
- Strong SQL development and SQL Server DBA skills.
- Strong Systems Documentation and written communication skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Experience designing high volume OLTP database systems that must be available 24/7.
- Experience with data streaming technologies such as Kafka and Azure Event Hubs.
- Experience designing data warehousing solutions using traditional ETL tools such as SSIS and SQL Server Replication.
- Experience designing cloud-based solutions using Azure PaaS services and storage technologies such as Azure Data Lake.
- Experience designing AI solutions is an advantage.
- Knowledge and training on object-oriented programming languages and concepts using languages such as C#.
- Ability to define a backup, archiving, and disaster recovery strategies.
- Proven aptitude for troubleshooting issues across multiple departments and systems.
- 5 years + experience as a Data Architect or an equivalent senior role.
Connect with us today to explore the opportunity to join this team of industry leaders!