Android Developer (m/f/d) Mobile Platform Team at MOIA GmbH (Berlin, Germany)
Location: Berlin, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:42
Join us as an Android Developer (m/f/d) in our Mobile Platform Team on a shared journey that matters!
Behind the scenes of our well-known vehicles, MOIA GmbH develops the technical products underlying MOIA. Our team of more than 200 employees develops an on-demand ridesharing service in the form of an end-to-end integrated product, from hub, fleet, and driver management to passenger and B2B solutions. At our offices in Berlin and Hamburg, international teams of developers, engineers, designers, and strategists work on a shared mission. As a tech company, more than half of our employees are developers. We pursue value-driven development based on our product values of comfort, reliability, safety, and privacy.
The enthusiasm we have is obvious. We love our cities, we love living in them and we love staying in motion with it. Simultaneously, we aspire to be a leading company in the fields of rethinking mobility and improving urban transportation by making it more relaxed, more affordable and an entirely positive experience for everyone.
MOIA gets things moving. On a shared journey – towards an easier, smarter, and more meaningful future.
MOIA is for the people
That's why we need great people who are:
- bright minds, but humble
- chatty, but also know when to be calm and listen
- mindful about their team, but know how to bring their own point across as well
- questioning the status quo, but keeping focus
- striving for improvement of others and themselves
- pushing for progress without leaving the team behind
What you will do
Our Passenger domain has the goal to provide the best ride sharing app on the market.
- You will work in a bottom-up managed, autonomous, cross-functional team together with some of the most experienced mobile engineers we have.
- By evolving shared components and doing the architectural heavy lifting, you and your team will enable others to focus on their own pains and needs
- Contribute to engineering standards, tooling and processes to facilitate exchange and alignment across all the people working on our passenger app
- Use the latest practices and technologies the Android platform has to offer to make our Android engineering scalable, productive and fun
- The software you will be working on is the number one interface our customers are interacting with and plays a big part in defining the MOIA user experience.
We are deeply invested in Android technologies
So when Marshmallow, Oreo, Pie & Quark™ are not just sweets for you, but great new treats of your past then check these things as well, you:
- know your Git and Gradle
- speak English and Kotlin
- like Lego™ and building modularized spaceships
- have a degree in Computer Science and a few years of programming experience
- don’t fear Foldables (and can tell us why and what they even are)
- like to interact with fellow Developers, Product Owners, Designers, QAs and other Stakeholders
- will not die by a broken heart when touching iOS
- like to C tooling into the I
- call the Android SDK your home, but fly out on a Jetpack
- like to share your knowledge (Android Meetups or Droidcons anyone?)
- care about a well maintained, scalable and tested codebase
- have a certain eye for product- and UI-quality as well
So, grab your Jetpack and let’s have an instant Pie!
Be who you are!
We are actively working on creating a workplace that promotes and values diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or cognitive ability, and ethnicity. At MOIA we embrace a culture, where people feel accepted, respected, valued, appreciated, and included.
We offer unconscious bias training regularly for all our employees. We are working on making our hiring process as inclusive as possible, such as ensuring a diverse hiring panel. To reinforce an unbiased screening process, we kindly ask you not to include any photograph in your application.
Our Benefits in a nutshell
- Competitive salary including bonus
- Flexible working hours & work arrangements
- Employee Share Ownership Program
- Public transport ticket (full coverage) & discount on MOIA rides
- Subsidisation of a fitness club membership or a Swapfiets/JobRad
- Continuous learning days, job rotation, trainings & workshops, conferences & language classes
- 30 days of vacation
- Relocation support
- Dog-friendly in our Hamburg office