Software Developer - Angular2, AWS, Node.js, Python at Isentia (Pasig, Philippines)
Location: Pasig, Philippines
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:47
We're looking for a FE software engineer who's experienced in Angular2.The role is responsible for converting requirements and design into high-quality, efficient code that solves our customers problems. The Engineer will work as part of a team to deliver continual value to the business in defined periodic intervals. Job Description: Agile Practice
- Break stories into smaller stories and sub tasks
- Accurately estimate work in story points
- Identify any risks with a story and escalate the risks before the start of the sprint
- Participation in all Agile ceremonies in a productive way ensuring that you are adding value
- Work with the Agile Coach or Team leader to continually develop Agile skills
- Write code that has automated unit tests and integration tests
- Understand Architecture patterns and be able to apply the correct pattern for the appropriate problem. Know when to ask for help
- Apply all engineering best practices to all code written
- Perform and receive code reviews as per the guidelines
- Understand and able to work with a sense of urgency on important issues
- Be able to call out and record appropriately technical debt
- Discuss DevOps/CI/CD dependencies with the team and create tasks as needed
- Design and/or influence technical solutions to a low complexity solution aligning with architecture roadmap when possible
- Have a growing understanding of Isentia products, services and business process
- Own a service or component. This means you are the first point of contact if the system or component goes down.
Continuous Learning and Improvements
- Continually learn, share, and implement software engineering, data engineering, and DevOps best practices.
- Help to adopt new tools, frameworks, algorithm and technologies to improve the quality of solution design and delivery.
Ownership and Quality
- Oversee day-to-day operation of software product/platform owned by you and your team being responsive to mission critical issues 24/7
- Undertake root cause analysis on downtime to ensure issues are not repeated.
- Lead the team activity to triage the bugs, defects or issues in production with help from Tech Operations and Infrastructure teams in order to meet various SLAs
- Candidates must be a College Graduate in Bachelor of Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology and any other related courses.
- Has 2 years and more experiences in distributed systems, data architecture, data modelling, data integration, developing, building and deploying container-based applications is preferred.
- Knowledgeable in Angular2 or higher, AWS, Node.js, Python, and Software Developmental processes.
- Has an understanding of Agile Methodology, AWS Platforms and products, Stream processing and batch processing data architectures, TDD and unit testing methodologies.
- Familiar with Search technologies such as ElasticSearch, SOLR, Lucene is desirable.
- Excellent in English communication skills.
- Can start as soon as possible.