Senior Backend Engineer (m/f/d) Node.js at Buying Labs (Hamburg, Deutschland)
Location: Hamburg, Deutschland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:47
Senior Backend Engineer (m/f/d) Node.js
Buying Labs is a global B2B-platform for fashion trading. Our partners are able to source fashion goods from us or to sell merchandise via our B2B-network. Through our focus on the customer and the use of technology, we enable an international customer base to trade fashion goods with ease. For our office in Hamburg we are currently looking for a Senior Backend Engineer (m/f/d). For this job we are looking for somebody ambitious and smart, but also a team-fit, willing to actively take part in the day-to-day operations. You should be able to lead our technology, work independently and manage as well as prioritize projects. Remote work is possible as long as you are able to work in CET hours. Stack: Node.js, Express, Sequelize, AWS, PostgreSQL
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
- Supporting scalable system design, development and maintenance and taking responsibility for personal technical quality standards.
- Developing server-side logic and maintaining the DB and Data Warehouse ETL processes
- Monitoring and troubleshooting production environments
- Optimising applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Working and maintaining a continuous integration pipeline (CI/CD)
- Writing complex SQL/noSQL queries and optimising existing query pool
- Maintaining AWS services and cloud architecture
- Mentoring and coaching junior developers
- Contributing to a healthy and collaborative development team with a “Get it Done” work ethic
- Bachelor or Master in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Passion for exploring emerging frameworks, libraries and web/cloud technologies
- Deep understanding of Node’s async execution and event loop
- Extensive experience designing and developing commercial software, preferably in complex business models and high transaction environments
- Proven track record of building/designing/maintaining big Node.js application
- Knowledge of containers, serverless microservices concepts, e.g. Docker, Kubernetes is a plus!
As a modern company we combine the mentality of a start-up and professionalism of many years of experience in the fashion sector. Be a part of a fast-growing company with great prospects! Sounds interesting to you? Then we are happy to find your application!