GO Software Engineer at Yum! Brands, Inc. (Chicago, IL)
Location: Chicago, IL
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:48
Yum! is looking for a great Go developer who possesses a strong understanding of how best to leverage the language’s unique paradigms, idioms, and syntax. Your primary responsibility will be to help design, develop and support a new world-class eCommerce Order service. This service will be the heart of what will eventually power the eCommerce transactional flows for the Yum! Brands including KFC, TB and Pizza Hut.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion to code, a curiosity to solve problems in innovative ways, and compassion when working with multiple internal team members to accomplish a shared vision. This candidate will also possess a good level of communication to foster collaboration and partnership across a variety of team members.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED
- 3+ years of experience with the Go language (and a strong knowledge of Go idioms and libraries)
- Experience designing and developing RESTful APIs.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent, relevant experience
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Agile development methodology
- Self-Organize and must be able to work under tight deadlines and reliably deliver work of the highest standards on time
- Experience in designing and developing scalable, highly available and maintainable internet applications.
- Ability to learn and stay up to date on new technologies and trends
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong sense of ownership
- Extensive knowledge of Golang and its standard library
- Experience with microservices, web services, RESTful interfaces
- Experience with relational databases and NoSQL databases, preferably with PostgreSQL and Redis
- Experience working with modern version control systems
- Experience with Node.js Services
- Experience with maintaining CI/CD pipelines and using DevOps tools