Senior DevOps engineer - AWS Serverless at Choco (Berlin, Germany)
Location: Berlin, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:50
What you will do
Here at Choco, we like to use the space shuttle as a metaphor for our engineering work. Now, you will join and help us bring the shuttle to the moon. You will take part in building a platform that enables tech teams to autonomously develop, test, deploy and operate their stack in a secure and reliable way. We want you to be the all-seeing-eye of our entire infrastructure, keep our systems healthy, speed up product development and increase the quality of our services. Your contribution will be not only directly impacting Choco but even the users of our products themselves.
- In the first 3 months you will have the space, support and mentoring to understand our product, the infrastructure behind it and obtain any missing information or skill that’s needed for you to effectively contribute later.
- In 3 to 6 months you will be fully operational, independent, take stories on your own and run with them. You will dig deeper to understand the core of complex issues and provide reliable solutions that will stand the test of time.
- Over time you will contribute to disaster recovery tooling, set up proper monitoring / alerting and incident management, make our systems more secure and automate wherever possible.
Our teach stack in the Platform Squad
We have a cutting-edge environment and use AWS AppSync, AWS Lambdas, GraphQL, NodeJS, AWS CloudFormation, AWS Cloudwatch, ELK stack, Epsagon, AWS CodePipeline, AWS DynamoDB, AWS SQS, AWS SNS, AWS S3.
What you will need to have an impact with us
- 3+ years of experience as DevOps / Software engineer
- 2+ years of working with AWS Cloud services (serverless is a big plus)
- Experience working with Infrastructure as Code and CI/CD. CloudFormation and CodePipeline are ideal but similar alternatives will work too (e.g. Terraform or Jenkins)
- Experience in deploying complex software and optimizing build processes
- Scripting / Coding proficiency for tooling and automation (e.g. Python, Golang or similar)
- Experience in cost analysis and optimization
- Communication, good learning ability, open-mindedness and good self-organizational skills will be absolutely key to the success of your work and the business overall.
You will impress us even more if you have
- Experience in handling information security
- Experience with incident management
- Experience with NodeJS, TypeScript
- Experience with log management tools