Senior Frontend Engineer (Lens - Kubernetes IDE) at Mirantis () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:50
Mirantis is looking for a talented Senior Frontend Developer with a passion to develop amazing end-user experiences. You will be contributing to the design and development of Lens, which is the most popular IDE for Kubernetes developers. Today, it is used by more than 20k DevOps professionals and is one of the top trending open source projects in Github with over 5k stargazers. It's built on Electron and powered by React, TypeScript and Node.js.
At Mirantis, we place a very high value on design. We expect all our developers to be passionate about creating beautiful and usable experiences. We want someone who can not only develop amazing products, but also collaborate effectively with our design team. Our ideal Frontend Developer should have enough design experience to support designers when needed.
At Mirantis, we work with some of the latest tools, UI frameworks and a wide array of cutting-edge web technologies. We are looking for someone who is excited to try new things and enjoy technical challenges. The tools and technology we create should be as beautiful and easy to use as the world's best-designed online services. With a world-class design team, we're able to create astonishing interfaces. Our front-end developers and designers take pride in their craft and ship UIs that are pixel-perfect and expertly engineered.
- Contribute to the design and development of Lens (The Kubernetes IDE) https://k8slens.dev/
- Work together with Lens community, maintainers and developers to transform new ideas into pixel perfect, world class implementations
- Explore and integrate new web frameworks, technologies and tools
- Great track record and experience from developing web-based applications and websites
- Deep understanding of web standards and best practices
- Must have strong skills in clean, semantic HTML5 & CSS3 markup
- Experience with CSS preprocessors such as LESS and/or Sass
- Familiarity with server-side runtimes such as Node.js
- Knowledge of responsive design techniques
- Ability to develop across browsers and platforms
- Strong problem-solving skills
- High standards for usability
- Eye and appreciation for great design
- Obsessive attention to even the smallest of details
- Ability to make good, effective design decisions
- Ability to effectively communicate with other team members
- Portfolio of past work showcasing listed job qualifications
- Willingness to learn and grow as an engineer and designer
- Experience around Kubernetes and cloud-native technologies is beneficial
What does Mirantis offer you?
- Work with an established leader in the cloud infrastructure industry.
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues, helping Fortune 500 and Global 2000 customers implement next-generation cloud technologies.
- Be a part of cutting-edge, open-source innovation.
- Thrive in the high-energy environment of a young company where openness, collaboration, risk-taking, and continuous growth are valued.
- Receive a competitive compensation package with a strong benefits plan and stock options.
Mirantis ranked in the top 50 of G2's Best IT Cloud Products of 2021!