Senior Back-End Engineer (Helsinki) at Happeo (Helsinki, Finland)
Add To BookmarksCompany:
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:51
Senior Back-End Engineer (Helsinki)As part of our team expansion, we're looking for an enthusiastic backend developer, passionate about writing scalable code and always looking for ways to improve. We're trying to get our heads around being able to serve millions of users while developing cool features for them. As part of our daily challenges, you'll encounter monolith splitting, microservices architecture with loosely coupled services, database queries optimization, in-memory processing, data analytics, migrations, and many others.Who we areWe're Happeo - a team of passionate problem-solvers, working hard to build and provide the best social intranet out there. We managed to secure our Series-A funding right in the middle of a pandemic. That's right, that's how good our product is. It's our dream to make work a happier place by bringing people together through a happy digital culture. Turns out a digital culture is especially desirable during pandemics. Happeo's talent is spread across locations, generations, and time zones, helping Happeo's continued growth of 280% year on year.Our solution comprises a web and a mobile application.On the backend, we are using Java and Node.js. Our services are deployed in Google AppEngine or Kubernetes. We're using Google Cloud SQL, Google Firestore, and other cloud services offered by Google Cloud.You will be doing:
- Implementing new features.
- Unit testing.
- Continuous deployment.
- Code reviews.
- Working cross-functionally with other engineering teams, designers, and product managers.
- 5 years+ experience in Back-End Development.
- Experience with Java and Node.js.
- An understanding of computer networks.
- Customer-oriented attitude.
- Someone who is either based or willing to relocate to Helsinki.
- Any experience with DevOps (Kubernetes, Docker, and Continuous Integration).
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform.
- Familiarity with creating integrations.
- Indefinite contract.
- Competitive salary.
- Happeo options plan.
- Healthcare plan.
- Lunch card.
- Phone plan.
- Holidays according to Finnish holiday plan.
- Relocation and Visa application support if needed.