Senior System Engineer (m/f/d) - in a scaling Edtech Startup at GoStudent GmbH () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:51
GoStudent is an Edtech platform disrupting the tutoring market and bridging the knowledge gaps of young students. +86M€ raised from international investors such as Leftlane Capital and DN Capital. +400 employees spread over our 7 offices across Europe.
We want to shape the future of learning as the first digital tutoring platform, truly dedicated to the idea of “students first”, with products that are perfectly tailored to the fast-paced & digital lifestyle of today’s primary and high school students.
- System Management: Using bare-metal servers from our provider and AWS resources, you provide the computing platform for other teams to build our platform on.
- Operations team: You work alongside Site Reliability Engineers who are responsible for our Kubernetes Cluster and the health of our applications and the DevOps Engineers who manage the deployment and feedback with the development teams.
- Automate Everything: Your primary goal should be to automate everything.
- Proactivity: You like to try out new things, have ideas to challenge the status quo, you are not afraid of mistakes and when needed, you don’t sit back but roll up your sleeves to make things happen.
Who you are:
- Min. 3 years of relevant professional experience in system (Linux Server) administration and configuration management.
- You are proficient managing networks, firewalls, DNS, especially also Kubernetes / overlay networks.
- You have a high level of experience working with automation tools such as Ansible and Terraform.
- You are experienced with the AWS platform as well as bare-metal servers.
- Ideally you also have experience in the following areas: Database Administration (NoSQL), Kubernetes, Cluster Management.
- Working proficiency in English.
What we offer you:
- An amazing and flexible startup atmosphere with highly motivated and open-minded colleagues
- Modern & developer-friendly TechStack (React, Redux, NodeJS, Golang)
- Opportunity to be creative and have a direct impact on the product
- Flexible working hours, fully remote or/and in our modern offices in Vienna, Berlin, Lyon, London, Madrid, Milan or Athens
- Team events on a regular basis, coffee and snacks for free all week, beer and wine on Friday evenings
- Career paths and the opportunity for professional career development
- International surrounding with private courses to improve your language skills
Apply now and join our team of 400+ employees, 3,000+ tutors and 10,000+ customers (growing at 20% MoM!) and be part of the change in Education!
You want more? Check out what our team members say about GoStudent on Kununu and visit our Instagram career page for a behind the scenes glimpse!