Senior Full Stack Software Engineer at Encamp, Inc. () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:55
Your Next Adventure Starts at Encamp
Who we are ...
Encamp is building the premier platform to unify and manage every step of Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) compliance to revolutionize the way companies understand, manage, and comply with environmental regulations. We are passionate about the environment and driven to simplify the process of compliance for EHS professionals nationwide. We are an expanding team of remote happy Encampers, with roots in Indianapolis, but quickly expanding throughout the US.
As a part of the Encamp team, you’ll get to tackle challenges of scale and complexity as we develop our product at a fast pace and look to create the future of EHS technology. Click here to learn s’more about our story (yes, we are enthused about camping and the great outdoors).
Encamp values diversity and providing our team members opportunities for growth. We’re dedicated to creating an environment where people can share their own backgrounds, experiences, and ideas to produce their best work.
Who we're looking for ...
We are looking for a rock-solid candidate who to join the Encamp engineering team. We are a small, fast-pace, and high functioning team that directly creates solutions used by thousands of Environmental Health and Safety specialists.
- Encamp is already the largest submitter of "Tier II" reports (part of the Community Right to Know Act), but we've barely scratched the surface of interest out there
- Our customers are hungry for us to create workflows and processes that help them do their job. We have the information and the subject matter expertise to do this, but creating systems to show value is no small task
The ideal candidate is a web-application generalist, but if you identify more as a front-end or back-end engineer, we'd still love to hear from you.
As a Senior Software Engineer for Encamp you will ...
- Write and maintain high-quality, tested code that gets the job done
- Collaborate with peers inside and outside the engineering team to meet customer needs and compliance standards
- You have 5+ years industry experience
- You Bring your Own Education (BYOE). MS in Computer Science? BA in English? College dropout and autodidact? Our only requirement is that you have a desire to learn and apply what you know
- You write and speak clearly
- You are motivated by a desire for learning and impact in a high-growth environment
- You wish to deeply understand our business objectives and you prioritize accordingly
- You're a master at one thing: tell us all about it
We're definitely looking for you if you have ...
- Specific knowledge of our current tools and frameworks: React, GraphQL, NodeJS, Relational and non-relational Databases, Git, Github, AWS, Jest (testing), Cypress (testing), building with JAM-stack philosophy
- Experience at a growth-stage startup
Perks of being a happy Encamper:
- The opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment at the intersection of Environmental Compliance and SaaS (Software as a Solution).
- Health insurance -- dental and medical.
- Competitive salary and benefits including open PTO and a work-from-anywhere remote culture.
- Parental leave. Because we think it's important to spend time with your new family.
- A significant personal impact on the team and its ways of working because of our strong culture of ownership.
Ready to join us around the Encamp-fire?
If you’re passionate about teamwork, transparency, accountability, and an appetite for knowledge, we want to talk to you. Come join a team that celebrates technology, diversity, and wants to make a big difference in uncharted territory.