Experienced Fullstack Web Engineer (Viper Team) at Scoville (Shibuya City, Japan)
Location: Shibuya City, Japan
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:55
Experienced Fullstack Web Engineer (Viper Team)
We are hiring an experienced Full Stack Web Engineer. We focus on developing new cross-industry products and we are looking to expand our teams to help us bring these new products to market. We're looking for people who share our aptitude for work to help us develop smart and well designed applications for our clients.
What You Will Do
This is a hands-on technical role, day to day activities include:
- Delivering working web-based software
- Giving advice on technology adoption and selection as it pertains to web solutions. It’s not a project management role although mentoring is encouraged
- Influence and guide the direction of the web-based solutions and ramp up the rest of the team’s web knowledge
What We Can Expect from You
- English language proficiency (no Japanese required)
- Hold a degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years recent commercial programming with a strong emphasis towards delivering Web solutions
- Expert understanding of a wide variety of web technologies, how to design and build websites and web based applications
- Expert understanding of Single Page Applications (SPA), we work with React.js so experience with that is a plus
- Meaningful experience with one of the main backend languages (we use, but are not limited to: Go, Node.js, and Elixir)
- Status of residence
- For those in Japan: must have a working visa valid for more than six months
- For those outside of Japan: remote contract work is available until a visa can be prepared
- Experience with AWS Services
- Experience working with UX Designers & exposure to tools such as Figma, Framer, etc.
- Japanese language proficiency
What You Can Expect from Us
- 6.0 - 9.0 million/year (negotiable based on experience)
- 10+ paid days off per year
- Flexible work hours, opportunity to work remotely
- Social and health insurance
- Commuting subsidy and work equipment provided
- An international team of talented and engaged creators who will value your input
- Visa sponsorship (after 6-month trial period)
- We’re each other’s chosen family and we treat each other well. For this reason trust and emotional intelligence are an essential part of our culture code.
- We believe that diversity is the spice of life. It’s the spark that ignites new dialogues, creates moments of healthy conflict, and adds valuable insight to projects.
- Our team culture is flat and open. Forget the corporate hierarchy and politics. Our mindful office culture makes it easier to get work done.
- Scoville is rapidly expanding and we are looking for members who want to grow their careers with us. For this reason we empower each other to shape our careers.