VP Engineering at Labforward GmbH (Berlin, Germany)
Location: Berlin, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:56
Labfolder has just secured series B funding of €8.5 million and therefore is looking for an experienced and dedicated VP of Engineering to help us scale and build an effective engineering organization. If you are excellent in executing, delivering and strategy planning we’d love to hear from you!
About the job:
- Build execution momentum across the organization with a focus on performance and efficiency review of the engineering team
- Continuously improve the skills and expertise of the team, ensure development best practices and a lifelong learning mindset.
- Collaborate with other functions (stakeholders, product, marketing, HR) to align product roadmap with our quarterly and annual objectives.
- Work closely with Talent Acquisition to create hiring plans in line with company roadmap and ad-hoc needs, and represent Labforward on recruiting and employer branding events.
- Understand what quality looks like and be able to identify inefficiencies and improvements to the engineering processes.
- Lead and support our development community through the whole product lifecycle, always having the customer expectations in mind.
- Manage engineering budget and time frames to ensure that the technological resources meet the company’s short and long-term needs
- Grow and mentor direct reports with world-class management support and accelerating their professional development
Our current tech stack:
- Back-End: Java 11, Spring, Hibernate, Ruby on Rails, NodeJS, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, REST API, Elasticsearch, AWS S3
- Other: GitHub, CircleCI, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Gradle, IntelliJ IDEA, VS Code, Raspbian
- Strong champion of modern engineering practices with previous hands-on experience with at least some parts of Labforward’s technology stack
- Demonstrable track record of engineering leadership in high growth environments
- Demonstrable experience in all aspects of people management with proven record of mentoring both individual contributors and engineering managers
- Hands on experience of handling agile teams and developing processes that encouraged engineers to do great work and build amazing products
- Excited by technology and experienced developing scalable, high performance applications with focus on security, testing and CI
- Strong growth and commercial focus, being able to balance long term engineering objectives with the development of the company and translate them into engineering initiatives
- Highly collaborative with excellent stakeholder management and strong verbal, visual, and written communication skills
- Ability to formulate and articulate strategy, business-relevance and to effectively drive delivery of our ambitious goals
- Passion for creating an inspiring team culture where ideas are broadly shared and open communication and feedback are valued
Nice to have:
- Experience accelerating growth in a funded startup
- Experience in Product Management and/or Business Analysis