Engineering Manager for Data Platform at Trustpilot (Copenhagen, Denmark)
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:56
We are seeking an Engineering Manager who has extensive experience building great products and applications at scale, using the right technologies while focusing on delivering value for our users. We are looking for someone with experience managing software engineers and who knows how to grow them and make teams successful. You will be responsible for 2-3 engineering teams that are responsible for the technical delivery of our data strategy, ensuring the engineering deliverables provide actionable data insights to all teams within Trustpilot, that ultimately deliver value to our customers.
- Own the delivery of major initiatives and balance delivery with sustainable engineering practices.
- Define, prioritise and facilitate the implementation of deliverables that improve functionality in support of business and customer needs.
- Facilitate cross-functional scoping, estimation and feasibility tasks for intended solutions
- Manage and mitigate high-risk elements of initiatives, effectively communicate issues, risks and dependencies with stakeholders, escalating where appropriate.
- Ensure teams have appropriately high technical competence and strive for excellence
- Develop and support a great team of talented and motivated engineers, setting clear expectations via constant feedback and 1:1s practices.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering leadership to engage, manage and retain top talent.
- Set up team members for success via creating growth opportunities, and addressing gaps in skills by mentoring and professional development coaching.
- Build a positive and high performing work environment based on transparency, accountability, and trust.
Knowledge, experience & capabilities
- 2+ years of Engineering Management experience on top of a strong technical background.
- Experience with cloud services, such as AWS, Google Cloud
- Passionate about Data and proven track record of using Data and Data Technologies to deliver value to businesses.
- Experience of Event-Driven Architecture & Streaming
- Experience with delivering scalable systems, and the ability to raise the bar.
- Experience coaching, mentoring and growing individuals and teams.
- Ability to create alignment across teams.
- A desire to help shape the future of Trustpilot, and the ability to make crucial technical decisions, in a pragmatic way.
- You love cloud and SaaS platforms and enjoy leveraging the services it provides.
- Passionate about empowering people on your teams to be at their best.
- Master/Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of Agile Methodology
At Trustpilot, we work as a team and deliver as a team. The environment that we cultivate includes working with brilliant people who help each other at every step, while at the same time pushing you to bring your A-game every day. Everyone’s opinion matters and you can help come up with the next big idea, that will bring Trustpilot forward. Join our team and shape the way we work. Are you up for the challenge?
Some of the technologies and services we use: http://stackshare.io/trustpilot
- AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Docker, ECS, Lambda, SNS, SQS, Step Functions, and more
- Trello (for all project management, and a lot of other things), Git, GitHub
- Machine Learning, AI, Google TensorFlow, BigQuery, Kafka, Airflow
- MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis, Elastic Search
- Style Components, CSS Module, Component Library
- React, Redux, AngularJS, Bootstrap, Foundation, SASS