Cloud Engineer at Velocity () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:58
Position: Cloud Engineer
Department: Software Development
Supervisory Responsibility: No
Supervisor: Manager of Software Development
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday
Velocity, A Managed Services Company is looking for a passionate and experienced cloud engineer who wants to play a critical role in the development, design, and build of high-end, scalable cloud-based solutions that push application development to its limits. You will integrate with a team of like-minded individuals who are self-driven to succeed, have positive attitudes, and use innovation to both meet and exceed the expectations of our clients.
• Design, develop, and deploy modular cloud-based infrastructures with priority on a positive user experience and scalability.
• Regularly maintain, modify, and review existing cloud-based solutions.
• Ensure efficient functioning of data storage and processing functions in accordance with company security policies.
• Identify, analyze, and resolve infrastructure vulnerabilities and application deployment issues.
• Keep quality at the forefront of all work that is performed.
• Collaborate with engineering and development teams to evaluate and identify optimal cloud solutions and in accordance with best practices.
• Provide internal cloud support and make recommendations based on project needs.
• Advise on new cloud technologies and initiatives and propose implementations based on new industry standards.
• Perform occasional self-evaluation on personal skillset and work on improving and learning new concepts and technologies.
• Perform all duties and tasks as assigned to fulfill departmental and business needs.
• Passionate in creating solutions for end-users with quality-focused design and functionality.
• Self-driven and focused to achieve a high level of productivity and turnover of tasks and projects.
• Upholds an elevated attention to detail to ensure superior solutions are applied in all work.
• Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills and has a knack for debugging scripts or configurations to find issues.
• Utilizes excellent communication skills to discuss and plan projects and work and interactions with customers are always positive.
• Collaborates well within the team to provide feedback on others’ work and integrates well during project work to sustain accurate and timely solutions.
Knowledge and Abilities -The following qualifications are required in some capacity to succeed in this position.
• Experience setting up and maintaining KVM images using a hypervisor. (e.g. Proxmox, VirtualBox)
• Experience creating and maintaining images and containers (e.g Docker)
• Provisioning and deployment scripts (e.g. Ansible, Chef)
• Advanced SSH techniques • DNS providers (e.g. Cloudflare)
• General knowledge of best security practices and the familiarity of common OWASP concepts.
• Experience with version control systems using Git and Git-based repository services (GitHub/GitLab).
• Ability to structure and organize work around issues, pull requests, and documentation.
• Setting up full stack environments (e.g. LAMP, NGINX, PostgreSQL)
• Experience in maintaining and debugging various scripting language scripts. (e.g. Bash, Python)
Optional Knowledge and Abilities -The following qualifications are not needed but are considered extremely beneficial when working this position.
• Good knowledge of Node.js, PM2, and/or Python
• Building packages from source Minimum Required Experience
• 5+ years administrating Linux based systems
• 3+ years designing and administrating cloud-based Linux systems.
• Experience with CI/CD Preferred Experience
• Degree in computer science or a similar field.
• Azure, AWS, and GCP certification.