Front End Engineer (React) at Digital Motors (Irvine, CA)
Location: Irvine, CA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:58
Front End Developer (React)
at Digital Motors
Irvine, CA, United States
Who We Are:
Digital Motors Corporation is a digital retail platform that provides an end-to-end, next generation, online sales solution for manufacturers, dealers, and lenders everywhere. With our state-of-the-art SaaS technology, Digital Motors offers a fully integrated digital car buying and financing experience. Digital Motors operates a digital retailing platform and intelligent FinTech configuration engine, enabling car dealerships to fully transact with their customers online. Car shoppers can complete the entire transaction online, in the comfort of their home in a fraction of the time or seamlessly transition to the dealership at any step in the process. Digital Motors has augmented the brick-and-mortar world with a conducive digital storefront that provides an on-line buying experience, but still allows the dealer to control the transaction.
Based in Irvine, CA, Digital Motors was founded in 2018 by an award-winning team of digital executives and entrepreneurs with a proven track record on a global scale.
Join the digital future of automotive!
Digital Motors is looking for a talented Front-End Developer to join our growing team. Our engineering team is the technical core of Digital Motors, with a highly collaborative culture that encourages innovation, growth, and development. As a Front-End Engineer, you will play a major role in developing and maintaining interfaces with high-quality, secure code and unit tests.
Some things you'll be doing:
- Solve challenging problems and make our front-end more reliable, predictable, elegant.
- Follow secure web application, build best practices and procedures.
- Improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation, performing code reviews, and documentation.
- Share technical solutions and product ideas through design review, paired programming, and technological discussions.
- Work seamlessly in an agile environment with product management, QA, and designers to understand end-user requirements.
- Implement pragmatic and effective technical solutions.
- Troubleshoot and debug technical issues.
- Pitch in and support other functions (e.g., product) as needed.
What You'll Need To Be Successful:
- 3 years of experience in front-end engineering, preferably in a high-growth tech company.
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge to create extensible and reusable software that meets architectural objectives.
- Track record of building complex, highly scalable systems.
- Knowledge of security concepts/best practices for building secure web applications.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Deep knowledge of:
- Advanced CSS knowledge and experience styling custom and isolated components;
- Advanced HTML knowledge and experience;
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment;
- Strong UX and design sensibilities;
- Experience with modern browser technologies;
- Familiarity working with CI/CD pipelines.
- Highly Preferred Experience in:
- Software Design skill (architectural skill);
- Experience with building highly scalable systems;
- Experienced in Serverless / microservice / cloud infrastructure (AWS or Heroku a +) and data pipelines. Familiarity working with CI/CD pipelines;
- Advanced server-side Node.JS experience;
- Proficient understanding of build & package management tools such as NPM, Yarn, Webpack, etc.;
- Advanced API design & implementation experience;
- Advanced DB experience (MongoDB &/or PostgreSQL are a plus).
- Exceptional Candidates Will Have:
- Bachelor's or graduate degree in computer science or related field;
- Relevant Certifications;
- Experience with automotive and/or financial software and processes;
- Continuous learning achievements;
- GitHub, Stack Overflow, &/or a portfolio to share.
- Other Requirements:
- "Self-starter" attitude and the ability to make decisions independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to envision solutions and take initiative to see the solution to the end, despite challenges;
- Ability to think critically and problem-solve;
- Solid documentation skills.
What We Offer:
- Quick growth potential.
- Ability to work with widely respected, automotive industry experts.
- 100% paid medical for you and your dependents, vision and dental for a minimal contribution.
- A ground-level opportunity.
- Great benefits.
- An amazing product and an outstanding team!
Come join the future of automotive!