Team Manager - Unicorn Platform at Gamesys Group (London, UK)
Location: London, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:59
Gamesys Group is one of the world’s leading gaming operators, with millions of players and 1500+ employees. We believe passionately in what we do. Quite simply, we craft entertainment with care, building trusted brands and creating great experiences that always put the player first.
Our award-winning brands – including Virgin, Jackpotjoy, Monopoly, Heart and Vera&John – are some of the best known in the industry. Join us and you’ll be joining a big, international group with some great brands and an exciting future. You’ll feel part of one global family, working with smart people, and delivering a great experience for our players. There’s one thing we expect from you, over and above everything else. Be yourself. One of the values in our DNA is ‘stay wonderfully weird’ – and that applies to all of us.
We are seeking a Team Lead for our website platform (Unicorn). You will be responsible for leading a software development team who will develop, deliver and maintain features and capabilities built on our modern front-end stack and supporting delivery and backend solutions. Your team will be between 6-9 in size and will collaborate with our Product Owner, Technical Architect, and Development Manager.
We have fun making fun in the Unicorn area. Your team works alongside two other teams who collaborate and learn from each other each day. We review each others code, mob program together, present technical talks to each other and plan together. We work hard to build an environment of continual learning and team-bonding. You’ll have the opportunity to work with your peers and other area leaders to address our wider challenges and evolve our plan for the future. Your participation in scaled-agile ceremonies and leadership gatherings will drive your engagement as you align to the goals of wider team and business.
- Lead & line-manage a team of developers and QA. You will support the career development of individuals by providing guidance and mentoring.
- Coach the team & individuals towards an Agile mindset with a focus on product delivery. You’ll draw on your understanding of delivering complex software to help introduce tools & techniques, you are excited about what a DevOps mindset can do for your team.
- Adapt Ways of Working, aligning to a culture of continuous improvement. You will drive initiatives within the team to improve collaboration and teamwork.
- Facilitate the day-to-day process by helping your team to remove impediments and by chairing purpose-driven, action-orientated Agile ceremonies and meetings.
- Solid experience working in teams who design, develop and maintain software.
- Experience supporting the personal and technical development of individuals, performing appraisals, and supporting recruitment for a small team of developers.
- Excellent organisation, communication (both verbal and written) and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate and align as part of a leadership team.
- Can identify areas for innovation and improvements in their area and with support implement these accordingly.
- Passionate about Agile software engineering practices and tools (e.g. TDD, Continuous Integration, XP Practices, etc).
- Understanding of software development lifecycle.
- Can champion a pragmatic, data-driven approach to planning and project goals.
- Chases continuous improvement of self and team.
- Acts as a role model for team members.
- Enables continual communication and collaboration between team members and business areas.
- Passionate about and drives quality and performance throughout our product.
Exposure to any or several of the following technologies, principles and disciplines will be beneficial
- Web Technologies (HTML, CSS, JSON)
- Testing tools (TDD, BDD, Webdriver.io, Cucumber, Jasmine, Mocha etc)
- Build automation, continuous integration, source control (Jenkins, GoCD, git etc)
- REST and RESTful API design
- Container technology and infrastructure solutions (Docker, OpenStack etc)
- Experience as a Scrum Master for a development team
- Previous experience of leading a small-sized team.
- Track record of building an engaging culture for high performing teams
- Experienced in coaching and mentoring team members
- Experience in the Gaming Industry
We offer some of the most competitive benefits in the market, including continued personal growth and career development plans, as well as performance based bonuses. We also believe in providing an environment where employees can flourish. You’ll have the opportunity (hopefully soon!) to work in a modern and well catered for environment, with monthly massages, office events and team-building activities. Until then, we also offer a Work From Home Allowance to ensure you have everything you need to work comfortably, during these times.
We are Gamesys Group and we’re here to make gaming everything it should be! You’ll have fun making fun every day, and that’s our promise.