Software Engineer at Simulmedia (New York, NY)
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:02:00
We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer who can work in a fast-paced, iterative environment. You will work closely with product managers and front-end engineers to scope complex problems and break down new features into smaller releases. As a senior member of our engineering team, you will help guide our efforts in building micro services that are performant, scalable, and flexible enough to accommodate incremental development.
- Build applications that solve critical challenges in the video advertising ecosystem.
- Work with product managers, designers, and front-end engineers to conceptualize and build out new features.
- Own features or systems and define their long-term health while also improving the health of surrounding systems.
- Learn new technologies, and make an outsized impact on our industry-leading tech platform.
- Take a high degree of ownership and freedom to experiment with new technologies to improve our software.
- Join a team of passionate engineers in search of elegant solutions to hard problems.
- 3+ years of work experience as a software engineer.
- Strong experience with OOP, relational databases, and API design.
- Strong knowledge of testing principles.
- Strong understanding of distributed systems, micro services and APIs, data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with Ruby, Node, or Python is a plus.
- The desire to take a high level of ownership of the things you work on
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related) or equivalent industry experience.