Software Engineer - Detectives & Dispatch at Flock Safety () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:02:00
About the opportunity
This role falls in our Detectives & Dispatch team, the team tasked with our flagship crime solving software solutions used by Detectives, Dispatch, and other Law Enforcement officers across the country. This is an opportunity to join a team and product that is helping to solve crimes and make communities safer every day.
Some challenges you’ll tackle
- Own features through their lifecycle: backend, frontend, data stores – the whole shebang
- Build applications that help solve crime
- Collaborate with Machine Learning and Hardware teams on multifaceted projects
- Work directly with Product to understand user needs and scope solutions
- Assess new technologies as needed for a task and make decisions balancing technical need and business impact
- Love writing code and have extensive experience doing so.
- Motivated by taking an unknown problem, sinking your teeth in, and coming up with a plan of attack.
- Desire to grow your role and have a direct influence on the growth of a young company.
- Interested in all aspects of the business, from direction to office space.
- Excited about working on a fast-paced, constantly evolving product.
If you noticed, the above list says very little about specific coding skills. We believe the right person for this role is much more than a great engineer. But to get into the nitty gritty, currently our stack looks like:
- Typescript (Node) web services with a bit of Scala and Go in there as well as needed
- Swift(iOS) or Kotlin(Android) for mobile apps
- Postgres DB, ElasticSearch, but occasionally Redis or DynamoDB (use the right tool for the job)
- Kubernetes, Docker
- AWS (SQS, S3, etc)
Why join the Flock?
When you join the Flock, you are joining a diverse team of passionate, ambitious, intelligent people that put team over self. We offer competitive salary, benefits, and the opportunity to grow your career at a fast-paced, high growth start up. We genuinely care about the well-being of our employees both in and out of the office and understand the importance of work/life balance. We’d love for you to join us in the fight to eliminate crime, one neighborhood at a time.