Software Engineer in Secure Storage Team SK Hynix at Intel Corporation (Gdask, Poland)
Location: Gdask, Poland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-19 05:00:50
This position is associated with the sale of Intel's NAND memory and storage business to SK Hynix (You can read more about the transaction in the press release - https://newsroom.intel.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/11/2020/10/nand-memory-news-q-a.pdf). The transaction will enhance the resources and potential of the business' storage solutions, including client and enterprise SSDs, in the rapidly growing NAND Flash space amid the era of big data.This is an exciting time to be at Intel - come join Core Systems Engineering as a Software Engineer in Secure Storage Team and work on one of the most advanced 3DNAND and SSD technology portfolios in the world. As the global leader in the semiconductor industry, Intel possesses many industry-leading SSD technologies including the most capable Quadruple Level Cell (QLC) NAND Flash products. You will be part of a world-class team that will transition to lead the SSD business at SK Hynix.This position aligns to Phase 1 of the transaction, which includes the 3DNAND enterprise and client SSD business. Phase 1 is expected to close in late 2021, subject to regulatory approvals and other customary conditions. At deal close, all employees aligned to this phase of the transaction will transition to SK Hynix.In this position, you will join an exciting team of experts developing new, cutting-edge firmware for Intel Solid State Drives (SSD), focused on security and data at rest protection features.
You will utilize and grow your experience in embedded architecture, external interfaces, and product constraints, along with the ability to develop architectures/features that meet these constraints and provide new value for the platform.
You will gain experience in storage interface standards such as PCIe, and NVMe, secure storage standards developed by TCG and much more.
The team utilizes the Agile development methodologies, therefore, you would be expected to work closely with others and communicate well within and outside of your team/organization.
- Bachelor of Science degree or a Master of Science degree in Computer Science
- Experience programming in C embedded programming
- Experience in source code development review and maintenance C preferably around embedded SW or OS low level drivers
- Experience in using scripting languages such as Python or Perl
- Experience in developing unit tests for code quality validation
- Be motivated self-directed and able to work effectively both independently and in a team
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Good teamwork and communication skills