Entry-Level C# Software Engineer | Medical Device Engineering Services | New Jersey Location at Sterling Medical Devices (Moonachie, NJ)
Location: Moonachie, NJ
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-19 05:00:52
About Sterling Medical Devices:
Sterling Medical Devices, a provider of custom electro-mechanical and software solutions for the medical device industry, has been dedicated to helping our clients resolve medical device development challenges. Our engineering teams address the whole development process: systems, software, electronics, mechanical, quality, and compliance. Our headquarters, located in Moonachie, NJ, is a casual work environment that engages our team in cutting edge technologies and projects.
Sterling has over 20 years of experience working with doctors, startups, medical device companies and providing solutions for healthcare companies that need to scale up quickly to bring medical device software, hardware, mechanical, and mobile medical device apps to market by successfully navigating the FDA and CE approval process. We design our client's products with a focus on the user needs and requirements, while making smart design choices based on our extensive and diverse product development experience.
We are currently searching for an Entry-Level Software Engineer with expertise in C#. In this role, you will be responsible for the design, development and testing of Medical Device software products and/or related tools in the Microsoft stack. You will define software requirements for complex systems, evaluate new frameworks and collaborate with the team to help lead the project's technical vision. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with strong C# skills and a passion for being part of a team developing medical technologies that improve people's lives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with clients, to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications for the medical device project at hand
- Design, develop, document, analyze, create and test computer systems or programs, including prototypes, based on client feedback and system design specifications and user requirements
- Design, document, test create or modify computer programs related to machine operating systems
- Code and test software based upon software specifications and designs
- Design, develop and implement software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain software development
- Design, develop, document, analyze, test and implement design specifications, software architecture solutions and/ or programs that impact the design success of products or addresses broad design issues of future products or technologies related to user or system design specifications
- Participate in technical design and design review meetings to discuss and provide recommendations to problems related to software systems architecture
- Use sound software engineering principles to ensure that developed code is modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, and fault tolerant
- Analyze, layout and change multi-layered applications in C#, using Win Forms for the UI layer and SOAP-based/REST full web benefits for the back-end
- Design, build and keep up capable, reusable, and strong C# code
- Provide software process management and control throughout the coding portion of the software development process
- Apply system analysis techniques and procedures and co consult with clients to determine and finalize software and medical device's system functional application
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering or similar discipline
- 0-3 years of C# programming experience
- 0-3 years' technical writing experience for system requirements, design documents, test reports
- Knowledge of and ability to work in a safety-related quality process. Experience with ISO, FDA, etc. would be a plus
- Experience with the DICOM Standard including a working understanding of Information Model and Network Communications is preferred.
- Experience with user interfaces, MVVM, and WPF (XAML) is preferred.
- Experience with unit testing and automated testing is preferred.
- Experience with Git, Github, JIRA, and Confluence is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Object Oriented development experience, preferably C#
- Development experience in C, C#, and Assembly
- Proficient in debugging using emulators and electronic test equipment
- Understanding of testing methodologies including white and black box
- Knowledge of and ability to work in a safety related quality process. A plus would be: experience with ISO, FDA, FAA (DO-178B), DOD, etc.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently analyze information
- Knowledge of software documentation and testing
- Strong problem solving skills
- Understanding of system design concepts
- Understanding of modeling languages like UML/Booch/OMT
- Experience with hardware and electronics used in embedded systems
- Ability to interact well with clients
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on cross-functional teams in a fast moving environment
- Strong analytical skills
- High level of initiative with ability to self-manage
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Sterling Medical Devices (SMD) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. SMD does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need."
Local candidates only at this time, please. We do not offer relocation assistance.
No third-party candidates please.