Software Engineer at Intel Corporation (Bengaluru, India)
Location: Bengaluru, India
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-19 05:00:57
Are you passionate about system software development? Do you like to be challenged to think differently? Would an opportunity to work with software experts in PC architecture and design excite you?In our roles you will be working on teams responsible for the architecture, design, development, integration and validation of next generation PC platforms. You will work across different projects to develop innovative products for new cutting-edge features and capabilities. And, you could also have the opportunity to work closely with other Intel groups to productize ingenious solutions that can be leveraged across a broader set of devices including IOT, servers, cloud and automotive.We are looking for engineers who have excellent hands-on skills working on complex software projects and have Windows, Linux, or Chrome OS background. You will also have domain expertise in one or more of the following areas: security, audio, media, graphics, display, touch, power and performance, thermal and energy management, imaging/camera, IO devices (USB, Type-C, PCIe, etc.), sensors, connectivity (BT/modem/WWAN), storage and memory or over-clockingThis is an incredible opportunity for software engineers ready to help advance the capabilities of future PCs. Our hiring managers are reviewing resumes daily and reaching out to candidates quickly. Apply now.It is all up to you, your imagination and Intel.
QualificationsYou must possess the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidatesMinimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar STEM degree
- 3+ years of experience with the following:
- C/C++ programming
- Operating systems such as Windows, Linux and/or Chrome
- Expertise working on PCs and/or embedded systems
- Experience in software development, debug, validation and/or integration
- Data structures, OOPs concepts, computer architecture, operating systems, and/or multithreaded programming
- Technical concepts, architecture, systems, development methods, and disciplines associated with defined projects, and applies knowledge to accelerate project completion
- Experience with tools for software version control and bug tracking
- Using your strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to work independently as well as in agile team
- The candidate must be confident, self-sufficient and a quick learner
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 2+ years of experience with any of the following:
- Python programming
- Knowledge of Computer architecture, ideally Intel platforms
- Debug kernel/driver expertise may be required
- Firmware or BIOS development experience
- Windows operating system fundamentals
- Agile/Scrum expertise
- Familiar with build automation using Jenkins, Github, Team City, Artifactory
- working with teams across different GEO locations
Inside this Business Group
The Client Computing Group (CCG) is responsible for driving business strategy and product development for Intel's PC products and platforms, spanning form factors such as notebooks, desktops, 2 in 1s, all in ones. Working with our partners across the industry, we intend to continue to advance PC experiences to deliver the real-world performance people demand. As the largest business unit at Intel, CCG is investing more heavily in the PC, ramping its capabilities even more aggressively, and designing the PC experience even more deliberately, including delivering a predictable cadence of leadership products. As a result, we are able to fuel innovation across Intel, providing an important source of IP and scale, as well as help the company deliver on its purpose of enriching the lives of every person on earth.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
It has come to our notice that some people have received fake job interview letters ostensibly issued by Intel, inviting them to attend interviews in Intel’s offices for various positions and further requiring them to deposit money to be eligible for the interviews. We wish to bring to your notice that these letters are not issued by Intel or any of its authorized representatives. Hiring at Intel is based purely on merit and Intel does not ask or require candidates to deposit any money. We would urge people interested in working for Intel, to apply directly at www.jobs.intel.comand not fall prey to unscrupulous elements.