Senior Software Engineer at Intel Corporation (Bengaluru, India)
Location: Bengaluru, India
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-19 05:00:57
Are you a software expert passionate about system software development? Are you looking for an opportunity where you will be challenged to think differently? Do you thrive in an environment where out-of-the box thinking is encouraged?In our roles you will work across many different projects to develop innovative products for next generation PC features and capabilities. You will be deeply involved in the architecture, design, development, integration or validation of the projects and will have the opportunity to work closely with other Intel groups to productize ingenious solutions that can be leveraged across a broader set of devices including IOT, servers, cloud and automotive.We are looking for experienced engineers who are self-motivated, can independently architect, design and develop solutions using the latest technologies, have excellent hands-on skills working on complex software projects, and have Windows, Linux, or Chrome OS expertise. In addition, you must have domain expertise in one or more of the following areas: security, audio, media, graphics, display, touch, power and performance, thermal and energy management, imaging/camera, IO devices (USB, Type-C, PCIe, etc.), sensors, connectivity (BT/modem/WWAN), storage and memory or over-clocking.This is an incredible opportunity for software experts ready to help define the future of PCs. Our hiring managers are reviewing resumes daily and reaching out to candidates quickly. Apply now.It is all up to you, your imagination and Intel.
QualificationsYou must possess the minimum qualifications to be considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.Minimum Skills:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar STEM degree
- 6+ years of experience in C/C++ programming
- 5+ years of experience with the following:
- Experience working in firmware or device/kernel driver development, and/or software or test architecture, and/or system debug
- Experience working in complex technical analysis within system integration or validation
- Experience working on one or more Operating systems such as Windows, Linux or Chrome
- Expertise working on devices and/or embedded systems
- Technical leadership, decision-making skills with ability to influence large technical team
- Designs innovative solutions to complex problems
- Data structures, OOPS concepts, computer architecture, operating systems, and/or multithreaded programming
- Technical concepts, architecture, systems, development methods, and disciplines associated with the defined projects, applies the knowledge to deliverables, and leverages it to accelerate project completion
- Experience with tools for software version control and bug tracking
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to work independently as well as in Agile teams
- In addition to the minimum requirements, two or more years of experience with any of the following:
- Python programming
- Software development for pre-silicon platforms and environments is a plus
- Knowledge of Computer architecture, ideally Intel platforms but not mandatory
- Knowledge of Embedded systems and microcontrollers
- Windows operating system fundamentals is an added advantage
- Firmware or BIOS development expertise
- Agile/Scrum expertise
- Familiarity with build automation using Jenkins, GitHub, Team City, Artifactory
- Working with teams across different Geos
Inside this Business Group
The Client Computing Group (CCG) is responsible for driving business strategy and product development for Intel's PC products and platforms, spanning form factors such as notebooks, desktops, 2 in 1s, all in ones. Working with our partners across the industry, we intend to continue to advance PC experiences to deliver the real-world performance people demand. As the largest business unit at Intel, CCG is investing more heavily in the PC, ramping its capabilities even more aggressively, and designing the PC experience even more deliberately, including delivering a predictable cadence of leadership products. As a result, we are able to fuel innovation across Intel, providing an important source of IP and scale, as well as help the company deliver on its purpose of enriching the lives of every person on earth.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
It has come to our notice that some people have received fake job interview letters ostensibly issued by Intel, inviting them to attend interviews in Intel’s offices for various positions and further requiring them to deposit money to be eligible for the interviews. We wish to bring to your notice that these letters are not issued by Intel or any of its authorized representatives. Hiring at Intel is based purely on merit and Intel does not ask or require candidates to deposit any money. We would urge people interested in working for Intel, to apply directly at www.jobs.intel.comand not fall prey to unscrupulous elements.