Site Reliability Engineer - OneID (UK only, 100% remote) at Digital Identity Net (London, UK)
Location: London, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-22 05:00:48
Digital Identity Net & OneID
At Digital Identity Net we are empowering everyone to control their online identity. Our digital identity product, OneID®, allows people in the UK to prove who they are online. We follow open standards to build OneID® and use the Open Banking infrastructure in the UK.
Our backend is implemented in Go (golang) as a set of microservices which speak gRPC and runs on Google's Cloud Run platform. We document our evolving architecture in a set of architecture decision records. Our service has continuous deployment and all our infrastructure is defined in code.
We are looking for someone to join our developer and infrastructure team as a Site Reliability Engineer as we get ready for pilot and wider launch later this year. We’re a small multidisciplinary team with a supportive culture, we’re always learning and improving.
What you will be doing:
- Work closely with software engineers in the design and delivery of software which meets our scalability, latency and availability goals
- Support the organisation as we adopt the parts of the SRE methodology which will work for us e.g., by facilitating conversations to define our Service Level Objectives
- Develop our monitoring and alerting capabilities to provide meaningful actionable feedback to the team as we operate the service in production
- Participate in our out-of-hours support rota (yet to be established)
- Automate our processes e.g. to provide robust repeatable software releases and rollbacks
What we are looking for in you:
- You are a collaborator, generous about sharing what you know and always open to learning from others
- You are pragmatic, take action, and make decisions when faced with uncertainty
Qualification & Experience:
- Be able to write documented infrastructure as code using tools such as Terraform, Puppet
- Producing tested software in the Go programming language, or a keen interest in learning Go
- Experience in working with public cloud technology, ideally Google Cloud Platform
- Knowledge of core web technologies and how they are secured