Site Reliability Engineer (w/m/d) nationwide at Bayerischer Rundfunk' (Munich, Germany)
Location: Munich, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-22 05:01:21
Bayerischer Rundfunk provides creative and reliable information, culture, knowledge and entertainment from and for Bavaria: on the radio, on television, in the Mediathek, on BR24, Instagram etc. As a member of ARD, we are proud to make a significant contribution to the diversity of opinion and media with our diverse and high-quality offerings.
For our department Softwareentwicklung und Plattformen (SEP) we are looking for aSite Reliability Engineer (f/m/d) Nationwide
Contract: 2 years Working hours: flexible arrangement
The department Softwareentwicklung und Plattformen (SEP) is the development unit within the Bavarian public broadcaster Bayerischer Rundfunk. We build award-winning apps for Android and iOS, intelligent applications for screens of all sizes, as well as websites and blogs. We work closely with various editorial teams in radio, television and web and develop innovative platforms like BR24, the BR Mediathek, the BR Radio App or, together with ARD.de, the ARD Audiothek.
We rely on modern technologies, but are careful not to follow every hype. We realize that the right tooling has a significant impact on the experience of engineers and we are constantly improving our fully automated CI / CD pipeline.
These are your tasks:
As a Site Reliability Engineer you work directly at the heart of our infrastructure. You support your colleagues and advise engineering teams to create the best products for Bavaria!
- You create / improve infrastructure, automate processes and take care of the smooth operation of our products & services
- In rotation with your colleagues, you will take care of any problems on-call
- You take responsibility for 3rd level support and answer questions about infrastructure and configuration
- You monitor our products by means of monitoring, metrics and tracing and continuously develop these systems
- You automate repetitive tasks
- You improve visibility, transparency and knowledge transfer within the team and the department
This is your profile:
For you, "Infrastructure as Code" is not just a myth. You know the strengths of automation for complex and distributed systems and enjoy implementing and operating them. You have experience in site reliability best practices and implement them. Incident management, observability tooling, automation with Puppet / Terraform and Kubernetes are among your strengths!
- Completed studies in business informatics, computer science, business administration or comparable training with professional experience
- Very good Linux knowledge
- Very good understanding and ideally a lot of experience with SRE patterns and best practices
- Consulting and support of engineering teams and incident management
- You are familiar with configuration management systems such as Puppet and Terraform
- Monitoring using Prometheus, Alertmanager, Grafana, Elasticsearch, Logstash/Fluentd and Kibana
- Structured work: For you, a comprehensive error analysis includes not only the solution, but also the root cause analysis and derivation of measures
- Experience with Kubernetes and the associated ecosystem
- A high degree of self-organization
- Experienced in the use of Git
- Reliable, with a high degree of self-initiative
- Good German language skills, both written and spoken
- Solid knowledge of English
That makes you even more interesting:
- Experience with Service Level Indicator and Objective Patterns
- Experience with chaos and resilience testing for modern cloud applications
- Programming with at least one of the following (script) languages: Go, Python, C++, Rust, NodeJS
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Youre no stranger to remote work
- Experience with Helm
What we offer:
- The opportunity to help shape products with a wide range and high journalistic quality
- Working with modern technologies
- Flexible working hours and very good home office options
- A workplace in the heart of the Bavarian capital with a good atmosphere
- Participation in advanced trainings as well as national and international conferences, depending on your personal interests and goals
We offer you plenty of room for your own ideas and projects, an exciting professional exchange and steep learning curves in a multicultural tech team in the heart of Munich. You can plan your working hours flexibly and there is also the option for home office during Corona and afterwards.
Interested? Then we look forward to receiving your full application (cover letter, CV, selection of certificates) in German or English via email at [email protected] Please include your possible start date, salary expectations and the platform on which you read this job advertisement.
More information about our team and projects at www.br.de/sep.
Bayerischer Rundfunk Softwareentwicklung und Plattformen Rundfunkplatz 1 80335 München www.br.de/sep [email protected]