Full Stack Senior Engineer (f/m/d) at ricardo.ch (Zug, Switzerland)
Location: Zug, Switzerland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-23 05:00:23
Full Stack Senior Engineer (f/m/d)
Today, Ricardo is the largest online marketplace in Switzerland with over 2.3 million listed items and more than 4 million users. For more than 20 years, we have helped our users to find a new home for their idle objects. Ricardo is the paradise of bargain hunters, the happiness of collectors, and therefore second-hand is our DNA.
While you were reading this text, 4 articles have already been sold on our platform.
You will be part of Ricardo Engineering, a remote-friendly department of 50 engineers located in three countries (Zug - Switzerland, Belgrade - Serbia, Sophia-Antipolis - France). We work cross-functionally, with around 6 teams active on different topics at once.
You will be working in a cross-functional, agile team that has the responsibility to consolidate user data and protect the trust of our customers.
At Ricardo, we deeply care about your experience as much as our end-user experience.
What does the role involve?
- Work in a cross-functional team consisting of product manager, designer and engineers (mobile, frontend web, backend, fullstack).
- Actively participate in deciding which user problems have to be solved. Doing it collaboratively where literally the whole company is included.
- Collaborate with product manager, designer and other software engineers to improve our web platform inside the ownership of your team.
- Doing a full software development cycle, from brainstorming, writing technical specifications, implementation, testing, instrumentation and reviewing up to production release, monitoring, alerting and proactively solving issues.
- Deliver things often and iteratively into production and measure the impact on users and platform.
- Participate in our technology guilds to share best practices, establish engineering standards, support each other and ramp up your skills. Constantly refactor to align with guild decisions, always aiming to have simple, robust, maintainable and easy to integrate software components.
Ideally you have:
- 3+ years working in fullstack development
- At ease working on multiple codebases that use different languages and frameworks
- Eager to learn
- 3+ years working in Frontend: HTML, CSS, vanilla JS, JS UI framework (React or Angular or Vue.js); NodeJS, Expres, Redux, Typescript
- 3+ years working in Backend: distributed systems (services and data); Docker, Kubernetes; REST or gRPC API development; Java (Spring and Spring Boot) or Go; SQL DBs
- Fluent in English
What’s awesome about working for us?
- Strong engineering culture, empowerment and trust
- Career tracks that can match with employees expectations. We want you to progress on your professional journey at Ricardo
- Top talent deserves a competitive salary
- Training and conference budget aiming to grow both your soft and hard skills
- Regularly pitch personal engineering projects and implement them
- Access to Headspace, a digital platform to take care of your mental health
- Home office possible also after the Covid period.
- Fresh fruits, Free coffee @ Office.
- Friday drinks & seasonal parties
- Yearly party with all our colleagues
You’ve read us so far and feel connected? Send your CV in English today!
We do not accept unsolicited applications from third - party agencies.