Mobile Platform Architect (Hong Kong) at Mox Bank (Hong Kong)
Location: Hong Kong
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-23 05:00:36
Mox is built by and for the ones who aspire to live life to the fullest – we call them Generation Mox.
The name Mox reflects the endless opportunities we can create, - Mobile eXperience; Money eXperience; Money X (multiplier), eXponential growth, eXploration… it’s all up for us to define together.
Do you want to join us on this journey?
Join us in building a virtual bank from scratch using cloud native technologies. We're a fast-growing team solving exciting problems and delivering high quality products in small, interdisciplinary teams. We’re applying the learnings from Google, Twitter and Netflix to build the next generation of banking.
- Responsible for defining and driving the next generation of our Mobile platform architecture by working in close collaboration with our Frontend Enablement squad (FEAS)
- Strong focus on removing undifferentiated heavy lifting from vertical product teams
- Close collaboration with the frontend engineers within product teams to understand common pain points & obstacles as input into the FEAS roadmap
- Provide knowledge of current technological trends, frontend, both mobile and web, and understanding of API integration.
- Define and evangelise “the paved road” by promoting best practice development patterns and acting as an advisor to all product teams
Who are we looking for?
- Experience building and maintaining mobile apps.
- Deep understanding of ReactJS or React Native.
- Understanding of GraphQL and why it is used.
- Exposure to native languages like Kotlin or Swift is beneficial
- You understand what makes a great mobile user experience and care deeply about providing that experience to our users
- A keen learner with an ambitious and results driven personality, who loves to share with other engineers.
- Experience collaborating on software projects with design and backend aspects.
- Work well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in an agile iterative environment, driven by customer feedback and data insights.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Significant experience with TDD, DDD and DevOps concepts and solutions (e.g. CI/CD)