C++ Programmer (remote/onsite) at BeamNG GmbH (Bremen, Germany)
Add To BookmarksCompany:
Location: Bremen, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-23 05:00:57
Role descriptionWe are focused on creating a state-of-the-art, real-time, soft-body physics engine and making it widely available for entertainment and simulation purposes. Our most widely known product is our game BeamNG.drive, which is now available on Steam in Early Access.In order to support our ongoing and future development plans, we are seeking an experienced programmer with C/C++ knowledge, who can work independently, be entrusted with long-term development projects.
- Work across the whole stack (Lua/C++) to implement features and fix bugs.
- Contribute and support the development of the overall engine architecture
- Help the QA team to identify and reproduce and in the end fix problems.
- Mentor junior programmers, engineers in delivering clear results in a timely manner
- Help us create amazing features for the game and professional simulation.
- Proven experience with a minimum of 3 years in C/C++
- Good working knowledge of coding processes, standards, and methodologies
- Willingness to dive deep into unknown code and fix problems independently
- Communicate and express your ideas & thoughts to other teams and stakeholders
- Ability to think critically, understand complexities, and support day-to-day workflow
- Desire to learn, enjoy the fun challenges of a unique physics engine simulation game: like us
- Excellent communication skills in English (Oral and written)
Nice to have
- Experience in a gaming company or industry is an advantage
- Knowledge of working with Jira
- Flexible working hours
- Language courses
- Talent development program (training budget, participation in seminars/conferences, and etc)
- Personal development program (feedback, leadership, conflict engagement, etc)
- Budget for home office
- Parental leave
- Employee assistance program
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)