Software Developer* Conversational Artificial Intelligence AI at Fraunhofer-Institut für Integrierte Schaltungen IIS (Erlangen, Deutschland)
Location: Erlangen, Deutschland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-24 05:00:33
FRAUNHOFER INSTITUTE FOR INTEGRATED CIRCUITS IIS
WE HAVE AN IMMEDIATE OPENING IN OUR »AUDIO AND MEDIA TECHNOLOGIES« DIVISION OF FRAUNHOFER IIS IN ERLANGEN, GERMANY:
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER* – CONVERSATIONAL ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AI
About us The »Audio and Media Technologies« department develops world-class audio processing technology. Audio and media technologies at Fraunhofer IIS is one of the largest organizations in the world for audio and speech processing. Over 200 engineers and scientists develop first-rate audio technology which is sold world-wide, in Europe, USA, China, Korea and Japan.
In the past 25 years, Fraunhofer IIS repeatedly won international competitions in the audio and media field: e.g. with mp3 and codecs of the AAC-family. You will be part of the Natural Language User Interfaces activities of the Audio and Media Technologies team.
Would you like to teach machines to talk and understand?Join us in the exciting world of voice assistants and conversational AI.
As part of our team, you will develop user-centred dialog systems for a variety of tasks and domains. You will participate in all phases of the system lifecycle: architecture, development, and dev ops. You will closely collaborate with machine learning experts to enable the voice assistant’s understanding of natural conversations. You will directly interact with project partners as well as internal and external stakeholders.
What we expect from you
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related areas
- Ability to understand, design and communicate architectures for larger software components
- Experienced in working with SQL or NoSQL databases
- Advanced understanding of containerization tools like Docker and version control via git
- Familiar with NLP and machine learning concepts
- Knowledge of open-source frameworks for chatbots such as Rasa is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English
What you can expect from us
- Opportunities to bring your ideas into life and contribute to product-ready solutions for our industry partners
- Opportunities to push frontiers in research and applications of natural language processing
- Involvement in diverse activities and the chance to assume responsibility within interdisciplinary teams
- An open and friendly work atmosphere
- Flexible hours and access to various services for a proper work-life-balance
- Working in a vibrant research and development environment
Appointment, remuneration and social security benefits based on the public-sector collective wage agreement (TVöD).
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates. We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender. The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality. This vacancy is also available on a part-time basis.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
Have we piqued your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your complete application (cover letter, CV, transcripts). Please submit these online with reference number IIS-2021-63 to Claudia Kestler-Böhm. https://recruiting.fraunhofer.de/Vacancies/59980/Description/2
Information about the institute is available on the internet at: www.iis.fraunhofer.de