Senior Software Engineer - Test at BenchSci (Toronto, ON, Canada)
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-24 05:00:37
BenchSci's vision is to help scientists bring novel medicine to patients 50% faster by 2025. We do this by empowering scientists to run more successful experiments with the world's most advanced, easy to use biomedical artificial intelligence software platform, thereby avoiding delays that slow the progress of medicine to clinical trials. Backed by F-Prime, Inovia, Golden Ventures, and Google's AI fund, Gradient Ventures, we provide an indispensable tool for more than 41,000 scientists that accelerates research at 15 top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading academic centers. We're a CIX Top 10 Growth company, certified Great Place to Work®, and top-ranked company on Glassdoor.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing Web Applications team. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, Web Applications, you will drive quality within the team by building automated tests, tools, and infrastructure with the goal of increasing the quality of our product. In this role, you will build out this practice from the ground up.
- Take over our Engineering, Product, Science, and Customer Success weekly manual testing to understand our business logic and work towards automating the majority of these test cases
- Build our end to end automated testing framework and integrate it into our CI pipeline
- Create and document the standards for our testing practices and train and mentor our developers to adopt these practices
- Build a data warehouse and Business Intelligence reports on automated regression activities for non-engineering staff
- Drive and advocate for quality across our engineering team during sprint planning, architecture designs, and release management to improve overall code quality and release confidence
- 2+ years of software engineering experience on a development team
- 2+ years of test engineering experience on a development team
- Solid experience with data testing for our SQL and Python API functionality
- Experience building end-to-end test suites for web apps
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills
- A desire to work as a team player and see teammates succeed together
Nice to haves, but not mandatory requirements:
- Experience with visual testing tools like Happo
- Experience with performance, load, or stress testing of applications
- Experience with security and privacy testing
Our benefits and perks:
- A compensation package that includes equity options in the company
- An annual Executive Health Assessment at Medcan: All employees get the “executive treatment”
- Effectiveness coaching for managers: Onsite, personalized coaching from an executive coach with a doctorate in clinical psychology
- Mental health tools and support: Optional mindfulness sessions and a free Headspace account
- Complimentary genome sequencing from 23andMe: Find out what your DNA says about your health, traits, and ancestry
- Three weeks of vacation, plus another week: Get 15 days to use anytime, and we’re closed Dec 25-Jan 1
- Additional days off: Company summer day, your birthday, and earn +1 vacation day annually
- Work from anywhere flexibility: Every day right now, and up to 4 days per week once we return to the office
- An onsite gym: Keep fit, conveniently, with a Peloton and other great equipment
- A great benefits package: Including health and dental
Here at BenchSci, these are our core values:
Focused: We focus on what will drive the greatest impact at all times.Advancement: We believe in continuous growth, and discovering new ways to do things better. This applies to our product and business, but also to ourselves.Speed: We recognize that without a sense of urgency, our team, our product and our mission lose their value.Tenacity: What we’re trying to do isn’t easy, but we hire the best people, and give them the autonomy, tools, and resources to succeed. The hard work is up to them.Transparency: We believe that sharing diverse ideas and information creates strong teams. Our success stems from research, collaboration, feedback, and trust.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: BenchSci is committed to creating an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. The work and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is our collective responsibility. That fundamental belief will guide us along our diversity, equity, and inclusion journey. We are just at the beginning, we will experience moments of discomfort and we may stumble along the way but we are committed to continuously improving and creating equitable and systemic change.
Accessibility Accommodations: BenchSci provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.