Senior Server Engineer (Ruby on Rails) at Cognoa () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-24 05:00:37
Our engineering team writes world-class code that makes a significant, lasting impact in people's lives. We are a small, fast-paced, and quality-focused team harnessing our considerable startup experience to build products that empower parents and physicians to receive an earlier diagnosis and treatment of behavioral health conditions, such as Autism. Our technology is eliminating barriers to treatment at a time when interventions can have the greatest impact on a child's brain development and improve lifelong outcomes.
We serve APIs and web content using Ruby on Rails. You are expected to be proficient throughout the stack and have profound experience in building APIs, and user interfaces with modern tools like React. As a group, we try to be thoughtful about the tech we employ and strive to use the right tool for the job. We are passionate about our mission and aim to make the world a better place.
This role provides opportunities for growth, including technical leadership. You will be expected to procure a comprehensive understanding of all production systems at Cognoa, propose and implement complex cross-platform solutions, and become the technical source of expertise for the server team over time.
Cognoa provides various benefits, including generous medical + dental coverage, 401k matching, flexible PTO, and remote work options.
- Build and maintain high-quality APIs and interactive web-based features using clean and efficient Ruby/HTML/CSS/JS code.
- Understand and participate in all stages of our product development lifecycle, from data science to our web, iOS and Android clients.
- Implement industry best practices including quality assurance and compliance standards related to Protected Health Information (HIPAA).
- Assist in solutioning efforts for new features and initiatives.
- Assist in managing server releases through our verification and deployment processes, including compliance documentation.
- Assist product and project management teams to determine scopes, definitions, and timelines around new feature development, upgrades, and bug fixes related to the server and related codebases.
- Providing constructive and timely feedback and mentorship to junior team members.
- At least 5+ years experience developing and deploying web applications in production.
- Profound experience developing and maintaining Ruby on Rails applications.
- Deep understanding of software design and development principles.
- Experience architecting software across multiple platforms (web, mobile, microservices, etc..).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Nice to have
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence and Machine/Deep Learning techniques.
- Experience building/supporting HIPAA-compliant software.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.
- Ability to come into the office every so often (once we actually can).