Senior DevOps Engineer at Cross River (Fort Lee, NJ)
Location: Fort Lee, NJ
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-24 05:00:37
Who we are
Cross River is a highly profitable fast-growing financial technology company recognized for the third year in a row by CB Insights as one of the 250 best global fintechs. Our comprehensive suite of innovative products powers financial solutions with a strong focus on regulatory compliance for our partners and their millions of consumers around the world.
We are on a mission to build the infrastructure that propels access, inclusion and the democratization of financial services. While our company has tripled in size over the last three years, our strong sense of purpose led Cross River to be named to American Banker’s list of Best Places to Work in Fintech for the last 4 consecutive years. The reason for this success is simple --- our nimble, adaptive, and collaborative family culture lives in every member of our growing team. Together we are at the forefront of technology and innovation in financial services and we invite collaborative and motivated high performers to join our rapidly expanding team.
What we’re looking for
Cross River is looking to hire a Senior DevOps Engineer with a passion for building scalable and reliable systems. A core part of the Cross River engineering team, you will be working with the cutting-edge technologies to help best scale our analytics platform to meet the demands of our growing customer base.
The ideal candidate is comfortable working with multiple languages and tools and enjoys solving difficult technical and business challenges. You have a solid foundation of time tested DevOps/SRE best practices, but stay up to date on the latest technologies and look forward to embedding the best solutions into our technology infrastructure.
- Design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and performance of our platform
- Seize opportunities to automate the configuration and deployment of various services, data ingestion and ETL jobs
- Instrument infrastructure monitoring, application performance monitoring (APM), and tracing using infrastructure monitoring tools combined with Ansible roles and Terraform providers
- Assess and recommend various software architectures and build frameworks, optimizing across cost, performance, resiliency/fault tolerance, load balancing and data consistency
- Build out self service controlled build, release, and deployments for developers to help increase product delivery
- Work closely with our product, research, and capital markets leads on both prototyping and iterative development
- 8+ years working with distributed systems at scale in IT
- 5+ years APM and infrastructure monitoring experience
- 5+ years DevOps experience
- 5+ years experience in cloud platform administration (preferably AWS)
- 3+ years experience in automated configuration management (e.g. Ansible, Puppet) and continuous delivery systems
- 3+ years experience with Docker and container orchestration (Kubernetes, ECS, EKS)
- Strong knowledge of IT Security (encryption, firewalls, secure systems design, vulnerability management, secure software design, credential management, proxies, WAFs, etc.)
- Systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; able to explain complex technical topics to both internal and external customers with ease
- Passionate about IT, technology, and following the latest industry trends
- Experience with Security best practices, tools and technologies a plus
- Experience working with database stores such as Cassandra, MongoDB, Vertica a plus
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code such as Terraform and CloudFormation a plus
- Certifications in AWS, Docker, Ansible, and/or Security (e.g. CISSP, CEH, Security+, etc.) a plus
Cross River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cross River does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business.