HPC Software Applications Engineer at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR)
Location: Hillsboro, OR
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-24 05:00:50
We are seeking a skilled HPC Software Applications Engineer to drive transformational performance leadership in the manufacturing vertical applications on Intel architecture, particularly multiphysics/structures, CFD, and crash simulation.
Responsibilities for this position are, although not limited to:
- Develop techniques/prototypes to accelerate leading applications
- Perform in-depth analysis and optimization of core parallel algorithms/data structures to ensure the best possible performance on current and next-generation CPU + GPU architecture HPC clusters
- Collaborate directly with ISV developers to understand the current and future problems they are solving to contribute the best performing optimized solution possible
- Team-up with Intel architecture, research, libraries, tools, and system software teams to influence the design of next-generation architectures, software platforms, and programming models based on application feedback
- Guide collaborations with partners, customers, and the open-source community, leading the development of marketing collateral to reveal and promote the Intel architecture value proposition
Behavioral traits for this position:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated teamwork across teams
- Collaboration with customers in the external scientific computing community
Candidate must have Master’s in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a relevant engineering discipline and 6+ years of work experience - OR - a PhD in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a relevant engineering discipline and 3+ years of work experience.
3+ years experience in:
- Cluster Application performance analysis/ optimization coupled with software engineering skills using C/C++, Fortran, and CUDA languages
- Distributed and shared memory parallel programming using MPI/OpenMP and SIMD optimization
- Leading numerical methods, linear algebra, and linear solvers (especially iterative).
Inside this Business Group
Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software (IAGS) brings Intel's technical strategy to life. We have embraced the new reality of competing at a product and solution level—not just a transistor one. We take pride in reshaping the status quo and thinking exponentially to achieve what's never been done before. We've also built a culture of continuous learning and persistent leadership that provides opportunities to practice until perfection and filter ambitious ideas into execution.
Other LocationsUS, California, Santa Clara
Posting StatementAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.