Director, Software Engineering at Capital One Financial Corporation (McLean, VA)
Location: McLean, VA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-24 05:01:09
Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Director, Software Engineering
As a Capital One Director of Software Engineering, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful microservices, to back-end Java based systems and Machine learning models using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, GO, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, Perl, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Spark, Artifactory, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
- Lead, manage and grow multiple teams of product focused software engineers
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of engineers your team.
- Work with product managers to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios - Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Work across to improve the velocity of your and other teams
- Lead efforts to deploy new and existing applications into AWS environments
- Break existing monolithic applications into micro service architectures and build new microservices
- Bachelors Degree
- At least 7 years experience in software development
- At least 5 years experience in people management
- Masters Degree in Computer Science or a Masters Degree in Software Engineering
- 10+ years of experience in software development
- 5+ years of experience in Agile practices
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.