Lead Front End Engineer at The LEGO Group (Billund, Denmark)
Location: Billund, Denmark
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-25 05:00:39
Are you a natural evangelist of best practices and have a passion for Open Source?
Bring your deep expertise in web development and help us build a shared web front-end platform for all the software engineering teams across the LEGO group.
So what's this role about?
You will be the Lead Engineer for web technologies in our newly established Front-end Platform team, thus you will also wear the Product Owner hat, driving the architecture and technical direction of our Internal Design System implementation using modern open-source tooling.
You will take the driving seat on our engineering community around web front-end development and tools and use the community as a guiding star to improve the Front-End Platform products and features.
What about the team?
The Front-end Platform Product Team is one of the pillars of our newly established Digital Platforms department. The goal is to create and maintain tools and infrastructure that can be reused and share across all our product domains.
We apply platform engineering and product management practices to ensure we build what brings more value to our customers (the other software engineers) and ensure a close feedback loop.
You will provide expertise in web front-end technologies such as React, TypeScript, bundling tools, front-end runtime monitoring, and CDNs.
This role has the unique opportunity to shape the future of the Front-end Platform product team.
You will interact and learn from a diverse group of people from all over the world, all with the shared mission of inspiring and developing the builders of tomorrow.
Let's have a look at what we would see as ideal for this role
A preferred candidate would have 5+ years of web front-end development expertise, specifically in the area of implementation of Design Systems.
- Deep expertise with React and TypeScript.
- Experience with automated visual regression tests.
- Semantic releases and release discipline
- Bias to action with proactive attitude coupled with a strong focus on quality, from planning to delivery.
- Comfortable with balancing the long and short-term delivery needs of the business.
- An inclusive mindset that ensures feedback from other software engineers is taken into account.
- An understanding of design in general and design systems in particular
experience in engaging and collaborating with both developers and designers.
It really wouldn't hurt if you had some of this:
- Open-Source projects that you have created, are maintaining or are an active contributor to.
- Experience with Vue.js, Angular or other popular front-end frameworks.
- Experience with Chakra UI, Styled-System or Tailwind.
- Knowlege of CSS-in-JS libraries like Emotion.
- Eagerness to explore CSS Custom Properties.
- Experience with CDNs.
“This role offers a unique opportunity to influence how platform engineering and developer tooling will be done at the LEGO group. You will meet and interact with engineering teams across the globe, ensuring that your developer-focused products are well understood and provide value through code reuse best practices.”