Software Engineer, TypeScript Node.JS at Genesys (Durham, NC) (allows remote)
Location: Durham, NC
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-25 05:01:08
At Genesys, we’ve built the best cloud-based Customer Experience (CX) service offerings ever. It was built from the ground up in the cloud and handles millions of interactions per day. We have hundreds of services and thousands of AWS EC2 instances deployed across global environments, and we push out dozens of product builds per day using a top-notch CI/CD pipeline.
The Realtime Chat Team develops and manages our in-house collaboration and chat service. As a Software Engineer on the Realtime Chat Team, you will develop state-of-the-art cloud-based microservices enabling next-generation collaboration experiences. You will work in a fast-paced, friendly environment where collaboration, continuous change, innovation, and experimentation are a given. Work with industry-leading technology like AWS Lambda, Node.js, TypeScript, DynamoDB, and Redis among others.
Successful Cloud Software Engineers will:
- Propose practical solutions, not just describe problems
- Be driven to get results and adapt to challenges
- Be proactive and learn to anticipate/handle most issues
- Demonstrate a high level of curiosity and keep abreast of the latest technologies
- Show pride of ownership and strive for excellence in everything you do
- Understand why security, logging, metrics and test automation are important and believe this to be a first-class component of new development
- Continuously improve production microservices without downtime
- Design, development, and testing of features/functions delivered via platform components and services that are highly scalable, available and reliable
- Stay current with industry developments and new trends
- Recommend new technologies as components of a solution when appropriate
- Take ownership of features beginning to end: from design documents and reviews to acceptance testing and deployment
- Understand & comply with PCI and HIPAA
- Adhere to Genesis Code of Business Conduct and Ethics
- 2+ years of experience in software engineering
- Proficient software development with a focus on server-side development using Node.js, Java or similar stack
- Experience with the full application lifecycle from development through deployment and support
- Experience working with open-source projects
- Working experience with REST API back-end services
- Familiarity with NoSQL or traditional RDBMS databases
- Unit testing and automation experience
The ideal candidate would also have experience with:
- Node.js + NPM
- Serverless architectures
- Scalability and availability in distributed systems
- Amazon Web Services (Lambda, Dynamo, S3, SQS, SNS, etc.)
- Ansible or other orchestration tools
Safety for our employees and our communities is a key priority for Genesys. We continue to experience rapid growth during the Covid-19 pandemic and are conducting remote hiring and onboarding processes. All hiring and onboarding processes are being conducted remotely at this time. We utilize Zoom video meetings and phone calls during the interview process. We will be working remotely through at least September 30, 2021, in most locations, and we are re-evaluating the opening date of all the Genesys offices on an ongoing basis.
Every year, Genesys® delivers more than 70 billion remarkable customer experiences for organizations in over 100 countries. Through the power of the cloud and AI, our technology connects every customer moment across marketing, sales and service on any channel, while also improving employee experiences. Genesys pioneered Experience as a Service so organizations of any size can provide true personalization at scale, interact with empathy, and foster customer trust and loyalty. This is enabled by Genesys Cloud™, an all-in-one solution and the world's leading public cloud contact center platform, designed for rapid innovation, scalability and flexibility. Visit www.genesys.com.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, national origin, genetics, disability, military and veteran status, and other protected characteristics.