Software Engineer II - Android at Outside () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-25 05:01:15
Come join the Gaia GPS team at Outside as an Android Engineer. In this role you will build software for some of the wildest adventures on earth and help people explore the backcountry with cutting edge data and tools. You will work closely with a small team of Android Developers. This team has recently shipped new features such as offline routing, turn by turn navigation and Android Auto integration to our passionate users. We have extensive infrastructure based on open data, open source frameworks, and open tools.
This job is 100% remote, and the company has been remote for 7+ years.
Gaia GPS at Outside has a software culture where marketing, support and management folks also code to improve apps and help with the product.
- 3+ years experience in Java or Kotlin
- Experience publishing mobile apps
- B.S. in Computer Science or relevant work history
- Interested in Mapping or outdoor adventure
Why You’ll Love Working at Gaia GPS - Outside
- We are passionate about outdoor and active lifestyle participants and live the lifestyle ourselves
- We are a technological and data-driven business
- We are committed to active lifestyle participants and will provide them with the world’s most personalized content that inspires and motivates them by understanding them better than any platform in the world
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy and taking initiative
- We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- You will be proud to say that you work for Outside, Inc./Gaia GPS and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
Entirely remote jobs that could be performed in Colorado: Employees can expect to be paid a salary of between $110,000 to $130,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission . Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and more. This salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors