Lead Software Engineer - focusing on people and technical delivery at UK Home Office (Croydon, UK)
Location: Croydon, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-25 05:01:18
We’re at the start of an interesting journey that involves growing our engineering community by about 500 people across the next few years and establishing and building our community culture to support this.
As an experienced Software Developer that wants to try leadership, or an experienced technical leader looking for a new challenge, you’ll be taking on a leadership role in a truly unique technical space that offers many challenges that we’re confident will provide an amazing experience to truly have an impact!We offer training packages to ensure you get the best guidance and support to help you succeed!You’ll play a part in recruiting your new team and leading the way it works, making decisions that affect your own and wider teams. You’ll enjoy engaging with others, collaborating, finding solutions to problems and take a ‘people first’ approach relishing the opportunity to develop others to reach their full potential through advising, guiding, mentoring and coaching to help grow their career.
You'll spend your time
- building and leading an agile software engineering team delivering with high performance and high quality
- taking a hands-on role with engineering delivery where necessary, blending your leadership and technical skills to achieve team objectives
- growing and developing team members as well as Supporting Continuous Professional Development (CPD) and encouraging formal professional qualifications
- working with your peers to improve our tools, technologies, guidance and standards
- progressing the Digital Data and Technology profession, understanding all roles and helping to build our engineering community
Our people are important to us, and we put them at the heart of what we do, we’re looking for someone who embraces that philosophy and recognises the importance of diversity, continuous improvement, listening and learning from others, building trust and mutual respect.
You should apply if
- you've worked as a software engineer at a senior level
- you're experienced working within an agile environment
- you take a “people first” approach and care deeply about nurturing a healthy team culture
- you're comfortable working through all aspects of the software delivery lifecycle with focus on continuous integration and continuous delivery
- you've experience building new services and establishing and developing common approaches , contributing to technical strategy, helping to deliver consistently and iterate quickly
If you’re unsure about applying or have any questions about the role or team, please don’t hesitate to email [email protected]
We're very open about what we do in general, so our blog is a good place to learn more.