PHP Engineer: full-stack or back-end | employee benefits fintech application at Cloud8 (Rudgeway, UK)
Location: Rudgeway, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-26 05:00:04
Cloud8 - the fintech SaaS provider - is hiring a PHP Engineer, working with Laravel and React, to help design and implement our application and back-end solutions as we scale up our digital employee benefits platform.
We've moved our SOA-based application to the cloud and our rapidly-expanding customer base is keeping us busy. We're handling financial and personal data, and the domain entails lots of interesting coding challenges.
We're open to you taking a full-stack or back-end focus, contributing to projects that build upon your strengths while you grow into things in a structured way.
You'll work collaboratively with our engineering, quality, product and domain expert colleagues to design, implement and ship great software to our users. You'll be exposed to customers and involved at every stage, from planning to delivery. We're into mentoring, pairing on complex problems, training and supporting your professional development.
You can also positively influence the decisions we make about our engineering, culture, and more. We're building new processes and automation to become more adaptable, more responsive and with shorter release cycles.
We're making key engineering leadership hires too, so you'll be joining during a time of ongoing investment and positive change. Let us know where you want to take your skills, at Cloud
What you'll be working on, as a team
- Building out our new Laravel API layer to deprecate our legacy code
- Introducing new and better automated testing and static analysis tools
- New UI for administrators and employers, enabling easy and efficient self-service
- Third-party API integrations with HR, payroll and benefit provider systems
- New CMS integration
- New email solution
- Building solid, robust and future-proof solutions, while clearing down on technical debt
- Supporting dialogue with partners, customers and prospects
- Helping establish our development culture, methods and tooling
- Upholding ISO27001, supporting external penetration testing
We're looking for
- Someone ready to build upon formative skills accrued in industry, or now seeking a more challenging role exploring new approaches
- A collaborative, pragmatic, user-centered approach
- A solid grounding in web application design, implementation and iteration
- Solid technical skills including PHP with Laravel/similar, plus React/similar and, ideally, SQL
- Familiarity with any of; designing, implementing and supporting REST web services, APIs, and third party system integrations
- A shared belief in clean code, documentation, unit testing, Agile and a continual improvement approach
Current ecosystem - we'll help you get up to speed PHP8 | Laravel | PHPUnit | REST | Docker | MySQL | Aurora | AWS | CloudFormation | CI/CD | automated testing
Salary and benefits
- £30,000 - £45,000+ we're keeping an open mind
- Company performance related bonus
- Flexible working, tell us what you need
- 27 days’ annual leave, plus your birthday off
- Encouraged to attend relevant conferences, meetups and industry events
- On joining: three x life assurance| free parking (site selected) | unique employee-only deals from 5,700 retailers, including shopping discounts and reduced cinema tickets | free fruit, tea and coffee | free on-site gym
- After probation: a benefits fund to spend on benefits of your choice | Group Income Protection | employee assistance programme | pension scheme with a 3% employer match | voluntary benefits, including a cycle to work scheme and give as you earn