Data Scientist - Neural Networks, Mid - Senior at Ezoic (Carlsbad, CA)
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-26 05:00:33
At Ezoic, we build a platform to help online publishers (i.e. Internet web sites) improve their monetization and ensure a fantastic user experience. Our all-in-one digital publishing platform offers a comprehensive suite of tools that automate many of the technical aspects of running a successful web site so publishers can focus on connecting with their audience and writing great content.
Artificial Intelligence is at the core of everything that we do, and we are looking for a motivated, creative, results-oriented data scientist to develop novel, scalable models that improve website experiences for tens of millions of visitors each day. This is a high-impact position that will contribute to the very heart of our product.
What you’ll do:
- Develop machine learning models using our in-house neural network architecture, open source tools, or custom solutions built from scratch.
- Develop new predictive modeling techniques to increase customer revenue, reduce page load time, improve user experience, and move other key metrics.
- Perform ad hoc analyses and modeling projects across our business, from marketing to business intelligence to core product.
- Maintain rigorous experimental design practices in a fast-moving environment.
What you’ll need:
- BS or MS degree in computer science with relevant courses in machine learning
- 1+ years experience in developing production machine learning systems.
- Experience in one or more of: traditional machine learning models, online learning, deep learning, reinforcement learning, representation learning.
- Strong coding experience with Python
- Strong SQL skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to share results and insights with non-technical audience
- Experience in the full lifecycle of machine learning component/model including data collection, exploration, feature engineering, model training/testing, offline and online experimentation, packaging and deployment to production.
- Ability to work with large, noisy dataset and identify meaningful patterns that provide actionable results
- Comfortable reaching out to domain experts to seek the knowledge you need
Extra Brownie Points:
- Ability to take a feature description and deliver a robust service in production (Docker or TensorFlow Serving)
- Experience with ML/DL algorithms with frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Spark
- Experience with distributed tools (Spark, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Experience in related industries (Search, Advertisement, Publishing)
- Experience interacting with multiple teams working responsible for various parts of the software platform
- Experience of Golang or C++
Life as an Ezoic engineer:
Ezoic is a technology-first company. Our CEO is a developer by trade, and our engineers are given all the tools needed to succeed. We empower our engineers to make a lot of their own decisions about both design and implementation, and encourage them to come up with new ideas to improve the application. We also aim to keep a good work-life balance, based on our philosophy that happy engineers are more productive. We want you to be working on something that you are passionate about and allow engineers to move around to keep things fresh.Currently all engineers work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. We have a brand new office in Carlsbad, CA, where we plan to return this year sometime when the world goes back to normal. We would prefer to have candidates who are willing to relocate to Carlsbad (relocation assistance is provided), but could be flexible on this for the right person. Every engineer works at their own quad-monitor setup on a standing desk. We pride ourselves on getting stuff done, but when you need a break, Ezoic offers great perks, including unlimited vacation time, catered lunches, snacks, flexible hours, ping pong, video games, and pool. We also encourage volunteering, recommending 20 hours of volunteer time per year with multiple events that you can participate in.