Senior Software Engineer at Double Line, Inc. (Austin, TX)
Location: Austin, TX
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-26 05:00:44
Feeling underappreciated? Underutilized? Are you ready to develop, document, debug, support, analyze, maintain source code, and adherence to existing Double Line standards and best practices? Looking to assist in the growth and development of junior and mid-level software engineers? We're a growing company focused on expanding our Development team with a proactive and driven Senior Software Engineer. Sounds interesting?
If so, we're looking for a motivated and driven person like you who has:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience with the following technologies:
- .NET Framework / .NET Core Web Development
- Source control, preferably Git
- Relational database design (MS SQL and PostgreSQL preferred)
- ORM (Entity Framework preferred)
- Experience in an Agile environment with Lean software development principles
- Background with dependency injection, inversion of control, and design patterns
- A strong understanding of unit testing and integration testing
- Deadline-driven mentality
- Multiple projects completed where you created an end-to-end full-stack web application
- Experience building, deploying, and maintaining cloud infrastructure in AWS or Azure
Bonus points if you're bringing knowledge of or really want to learn any of the following:
- Front-end development experience with frameworks/libraries like Angular, ReactJS, familiarity with TypeScript
We do not want you to make the leap without knowing what we need, so here is how we define success for this position:
- Shadow and train with existing Software Engineers within the first 30 days
- Begin taking and completing assignments in sprints within the first 60 days
- Providing technical approaches and estimates for new work within the first 90 days
- Meet all deliverable deadlines through 2021
In return, we offer:
- A mission-driven company with a long-term focus on helping the world by untangling the technical messes that hold back education in our country
- A home where your voice matters, and you can effect real change
- A company who cares about you, makes sure you're engaged with exciting work and provides a robust benefit offer, 401k with employer match and a great culture.
We need to know - can you make this happen? If so, we definitely need to talk to you.
We value diversity at Double Line. We hire, recruit, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. We understand the importance of creating a safe and comfortable work environment and encourage individualism and authenticity in every member of our team.
Double Line does not sponsor applicants for work visas at this time.