Frontend Engineer at FieldLevel () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-26 05:00:46
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer that really knows and loves React, you will join a cross-functional product team that focuses on user growth in our product.
FieldLevel is the athletic recruiting network. On FieldLevel, high school and club coaches work together with their athletes to highlight their athletic careers, and they connect with college coaches looking to fill their rosters.
Our platform is free for everyone. When athletes get serious about being recruited, they upgrade, expanding their reach and visibility into the network.
- Strong Experience with React
- Ego has no place here, you are humble in the workplace, but you can defend your ideas.
- You love the value you create for customers. You're not in love with your solution.
- Comfortable with AngularJS (we are migrating away from it).
We know that innovation thrives on product teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems in ways that are just now possible. As such, we explicitly seek people that bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experiences. Please be prepared to share with us how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to our product teams.
Our Todo List:
We have over a million members, but the most valuable thing we can bring our members is more members. Over the next year, we intend to tackle some significant problems related to user acquisition and early experience.
Some of the challenges your team will tackle include:
- Members often don't know how (or even why it would benefit them) to invite the coaches and athletes in their life to join them on FieldLevel.
- Many of our members don't get an "aha" during their first mile and miss out on the great value and connections that a bought-in member might get.
- It's hard to know what is going on inside FieldLevel because of how much content is behind a login. We want to make it easier for prospective members to get value and understand why they should join.
How we work:
We don't hand you a spec and throw it over the wall.
We work in 6-week cycles, which we call Seasons. Each Season, leadership will present your team with a challenge our users are experiencing or some extra value we want to deliver. This is a time of focus. You will participate in the entire process, from discovery to delivery. The team will brainstorm, collect data, conduct interviews with existing users to hone the solutions, create prototypes, measure, iterate, QA, and deliver.
Then we have two weeks of an off-season. During the off-season, we address technical debt, play with new tech that we think could be useful, and connect with our peers to strategize the future of our platform.
While we are focused on big initiatives that often span 6 weeks, we deploy updates, features, bug fixes, and tests all day, every day. CI / CD automated to production. We are agile, but we do not strictly adhere to Agile.
Tech Stack & Tools:
- React + StoryBook , TailWindCSS, AngularJS(deprecating)
- .Net C#, SQL Server, Redis
- Azure, Docker + Docker Swarm