Back-End Engineer (Node.js/TypeScript) at Happeo (Helsinki, Finland)
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-26 05:01:05
Back-End Engineer (Node.js/TypeScript)We are looking for awesome people to join our awesome team.Job title: Back-End EngineerLocation: This is a remote role that you can also carry out from your favourite part of London! Rather than a set office, you'll be given a pass to use Regus Spaces, meeting up with your colleagues as needed. We also have a hub of great engineers in Poland. We are open to adding to that team. So if you are based in Poland feel free to apply. If based in Poland the role will be fully remote.We cannot accept applications from candidates who are not based in either the U.K or Poland. We also can not offer sponsorship for those ineligible for work in the U.K or Poland.About usContentCal is an easy to use, all in one marketing platform for planning, creating and publishing content. Our incredible features include in-built analytics, community management and collaborative workspaces! In fact, the only thing better than our platform is our team and our customers.We are a creative, fun, driven and ambitious bunch on the hunt for link minded people. You'll be joining the business at a super exciting time, as we've just secured $6.2 million in Series-A VC backed funding and are about to put it to excellent use.Our talented team aren't just great at what they do - they are also great people to be around and collaborate with. As well as working remotely, we regularly meet up in Regus Spaces to connect, align, share ideas - and hang out over drinks. We don't believe in siloed working and make every effort to encourage open communication in a mindful environment. All members of the ContentCal team are encouraged to have ideas and given the opportunity to share them at a senior level.Our vision is to become the number one content marketing platform for SMEs, and our company values to lift each other up, get curious, make it simple, keep moving forwards and stay human, keep us on track.With over 2,000 customers globally, ContentCal is chosen by leading brands for our innovative and evolving platform developments, our events and resources and our people-focused team.About youYou are an experienced back-end engineer. Your platform of choice is Node.js and you have a good understanding of TypeScript and a solid understanding of microservices architecture, ideally within AWSYou enjoy working in an agile environment. This is where you thrive. You also love working with new and exciting technology and above all else, building things.You are at a place in your career where you are not really seeing value in what you do. Maybe you are not getting recognition for the great work you do. You feel like you are a cog in a machine rather than someone who is really making an impact and being recognised for that.If the above sounds like you then this role is worth your attention. We have on offer, a great opportunity for the right person to join a small, but growing team of developers who are making a difference every day.We are a start-up, and we are going through an exciting and fast-paced growth plan that you could be a part of and reap the rewards and benefits of working in such a fast-paced environment that tech start-up companies can offer.See below, more about us, who we are and what you will get from this role.About the roleYou will work with:
- A microservices architecture built primarily in AWS, serverless and all written in Typescript.
- Both REST APIs and GraphQL data layers integrated into a real-time application.
- Gain exposure to social APIs and data.
- TDD and peer-reviewing enabling you to do frequent yet resilient deployments.
- Cross-functional teams collaborating closely with QA, design, front-end and a product manager.
We also have a greenfield project for 2021 that we are keen to get you involved in from the start.Responsibilities
- Get to know the products and working on all aspects of back-end development.
- Be a productive member of a cross-functional team and build, deploy and support our product growth.
- Work with and improve on best practices including levels of quality and monitoring.
- Work with tech leads and head of technology to shape the future of technology, including contributing to the technical road map for the back-end.
- Attend technical workshops, architectural design sessions, and feel comfortable contributing.
- Think creatively to provide innovative solutions to problems.
- Be an active participant in agile ceremonies, including planning and estimating.
- Continue to learn and grow with the team.
Skills and attributes we consider essential for this role include:
- Expert with Node.js.
- Good understanding of TypeScript.
- Understanding of architecture (microservices approach).
Skills, attributes and experience that would be nice to have:
- Experience working within Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- A history and preference in working in agile environments.
What we'll offer you
- A competitive salary (disclosed at screening interview stage or on request).
- Flexible and remote working contracts (depending on your role).
- 25 days holidays excluding bank holidays.
- A pass to work in Regus Spaces, co-working and office facilities.
- Perkbox benefits.
- Pension scheme.
- Health insurance option.
- Company laptop.
Find out more about us at ContentCal:
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn (just search ContentCal)
- Check out our website: www.contentcal.io
- Take a peek at our culture www.contentcal.io/about/our-story
- Have a read of our blog www.contentcal.io/blog
- See what people are saying on Glassdoor www.glassdoor.co.uk/Overview/Working-at-ContentCal-EI_IE2237900.11,21.htm
Interested?Apply via the application form.Agency calls are not appreciated.