Cloud Architect (GCP) at Happeo (Helsinki, Finland)
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-26 05:01:13
Cloud Architect (GCP) - ClujWe are looking for a Cloud Architect to join our Engineering team and help us take our infrastructure to the next level. If this sounds exciting to you, please read further!Who we areWe're Happeo - a team of passionate problem-solvers, working hard to build and provide the best social intranet out there. We managed to secure our Series-A funding right in the middle of a pandemic. That's right, that's how good our product is. It's our dream to make work a happier place by bringing people together through a happy digital culture. Turns out a digital culture is especially desirable during pandemics. Happeo's talent is spread across locations, generations, and time zones, helping Happeo's continued growth of 280% year on year.About the role and the team:In this position, you will be a part of the engineering team and working closely together with our CISO to take our current cloud infrastructure to the next level and provide an efficient platform to scale for the years to come.You have previous experience in building an infrastructure for large-scale applications in the cloud and in software engineering.You will be doing
- Architect, implement and maintain the infrastructure of our application.
- Implement required security controls.
- Monitoring and optimizing cloud capacity consumption.
- Support with the development of features, optimizations, and bug fixes.
- At least 3 years of experience in building and designing a microservices architecture with any cloud platform.
- Solid experience of the Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with NodeJS.
- Experience with scripting languages (i.e. bash).
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience working with infrastructure-as-code (Terraform, Deployment manager).
- Experience with SQL & NoSQL databases.
- Experience with container orchestration technologies (Kubernetes, Docker).
- Understanding of security & network technologies on the cloud.
- Courage to fail fast and admit your own mistakes.
- Willingness to experiment with new technologies.
- Fluent in English.
Nice to have
- Professional certifications.
- Bachelors or Masters degree.
- Experience with other cloud providers (AWS / Azure).
- Experience with other languages/frameworks we use (Java, Typescript, React).
- Experience working with Linux servers.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Indefinite contract (3 month probation period).
- Competitive salary.
- Happeo options plan.
- Private Healthcare plan.
- Lunch card.
- Gym card.
- 24 days of paid holidays.
- Relocation and Visa application support if needed.
We will be closing the role as soon as we find the right candidate. If you feel we can be a great fit for each other, apply to our role and we'll be more than happy to review your profile.
IMPORTANT: we are looking for somebody that will start ideally around September/October. Interviews with the team will start around the end of July/beginning of August.Come as you are!At Happeo, we are committed to creating a diverse team that feels that they are valued at work. If you're looking at our photos and don't see your race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, mental or physical ability, ethnicity, or perspective represented, please apply and help us make our company even better – we need you. Each person who has taken a different path than us to get here makes us stronger. So join us and help us create happier people, one workplace at a time.Interested?Apply via the application button.Agency calls are not appreciated.