Software Developer (f/m/d) C/C++ KACO new energy at Siemens AG (Neckarsulm, Germany)
Location: Neckarsulm, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-29 05:00:52
Knowledge for the world of tomorrow.
Are you currently planning your own future? Then take advantage of the prospects offered by an innovative company! Since 1998, we at KACO new energy have been putting our ideas and our commitment into the development of future-oriented technologies for the generation of energy. 300 motivated employees are now working towards this goal. It is thanks to them that KACO new energy is today one of the world's leading manufacturers of photovoltaic inverters. KACO new energy has been a 100% Siemens subsidiary since May 2019. What part will you play?
- In your new position you will be responsible for the new/adaptive development of software components in the area of "Embedded Linux with Focus Connectivity and Security" in compliance with the established software development process.
- This includes creating software specifications and architecture documents, coding and documenting modules/SW components, performing and documenting unit/module tests, contributing to code and specification reviews, integrating/testing the modules/components into/in the overall system, creating test specifications for integration/lab tests as well as supporting and evaluating the integration/lab tests
- Furthermore, you will collaborate in the operation of the DevOps platform as well as in the creation of requirements specifications and develop automated tests and associated scripts so that the tests can run in Continuous Integration Server
- You will create concepts for new or to be changed features and collaborate in the selection of HW/SW components
- You will develop build scripts and customize Yocto recipes
- You will also support the team leadership in creating project-related work packages, optimizing the software development process to increase work efficiency and product quality, and in developing and implementing defect prevention strategies
What you need to make real what matters.
- The basis of your success is a degree in electrical engineering, technical computer science or comparable training
- You have several years of experience in software engineering based on established software development processes
- You have profound knowledge of common communication interfaces/protocols, especially in the direction of cloud communication and associated security requirements (security)
- You have very good programming skills in C/C++ as well as knowledge of "Embedded Linux" and related build systems (preferably CMake or Autotools)
- You have good UML/SysML skills and strong knowledge of SW version management tools (preferably GIT or SVN)
- Ideally, you have knowledge of agile methods and DevOps mindset including continuous integration, in the area of databases (SQLite) and database design as well as Yocto knowledge
- Good German and English skills, both written and spoken, as well as a structured, independent, and results-oriented approach to work complete your profile
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: KACO new energy GmbH
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time