Senior Full Stack Developer at OpenReel (Tulsa, OK) (allows remote)
Location: Tulsa, OK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-29 05:01:13
OpenReel™ is the leading Remote Video Creation™ platform that empowers enterprises, consumer brands, media companies, and agencies to direct and film professional quality video content from over 125 countries. With its patented, enterprise-grade suite of remote video direction, capture, and collaboration capabilities, OpenReel enables businesses to cut down on the time- and resource-intensive process of on-location video shoots and scale content creation initiatives efficiently, effectively, and securely. OpenReel is based in New York, with its employees distributed worldwide. To learn more about the company, visit: www.openreel.com.
Ready to join an organization that has fundamentally disrupted the video production space and is at the forefront of video technology? OpenReel is a quickly growing VC-backed, Series-A tech company based out of the New York metropolitan area. Fortune 500 companies such as Amazon, ViacomCBS, Dell, and Prudential rely on OpenReel’s patented technology to remotely capture and collaborate on social content, educational materials, testimonials, internal comms, broadcast footage, and more for a fraction of the cost of traditional production.
If you want to help model the future technological direction of a rapidly scaling SaaS business as we help clients reimagine what is possible with Remote Video Creation, come join us!
The Sr. Full Stack Developer is responsible for guiding a team of engineers, communicating and enforcing best practices, managing the product delivery cycle and developing the software architecture. You will be maintaining an open line of communication with external parties (design, business, devops) and ensure transparency between these parties and the team. The successful applicant must be a team player, hands on, and be both ready and willing to lead by example.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Conduct regular code reviews for all team members
- Architect and maintain full stack architecture
- Evaluate processes and standards to ensure optimal team performance
- Facilitate planning meetings and retrospectives
- Manage and perform deployments and production releases
- Manage communication with product managers, designers, devops & external parties
- Advocate for your team, and ensure the availability of resources
- Be an active member of the development team
- 4+ years of experience with Angular (including ng9+)
- Excellent knowledge of rxjs and a reactive mindset
- Excellent knowledge of Typescript
- 4+ years of experience with Node.js
- 3+ years of experience with SQL databases (mySql preferred)
- Experience with FFMPEG
- Experience with websockets
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS)
- Extensive agile experience, and an agile mindset
- Experience working on a remote engineering team
- Experience architecting software and excellent knowledge of design patterns
- Excellent communication skills
Nice To Haves
- Nest.js and Sequelize experience
- Docker experience
- WebRTC and Twilio experience
- Prior scrum master experience
- Knowledge of Electron and Chrome Extensions
- Experience with Lottie
- This role is remotely based out of the New York Metropolitan Area
- Competitive compensation package including:
- 65% employer paid health care, dental, and vision benefit coverage for the employee and dependents
- Unlimited PTO
- 14 paid annual holidays
- 401K retirement plan
OpenReel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.