Ruby on Rails Developer (Remote) at BuySellAds () (allows remote)
Add To BookmarksCompany:
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-03 05:00:06
Who are we?BuySellAds operates the largest self-serve advertising marketplace on the web. Were an adtech company empowering publishers and advertisers to connect more efficiently. Dont let the adtech part scare you away: our mission is to help publishers better monetize their sites so they can spend their time focusing on what they care about (their content!) rather than selling ads. We leverage tech to help broker these sales, and attempt to distance ourselves from the shady world of advertising that existed before.Dribbble, CodingHorror.com, NPR, and The Atlantic are just some of the sites who were able to help make more money - connecting them with advertisers like Adobe, Microsoft Azure, Slack, Digital Ocean, and Atlassian who are all able to expand their reach through us.We are a fully distributed/remote team, with ~50 people spread out across 25 cities in 5 countries. We primarily use Rails and React, with a smattering of Go and PHP, but seek to hire developers who are language agnostic and are more interested in shipping quality code than bikeshedding it. A sneak peek at our dev team:
- Primarily use Ruby/Rails for the API with a React setup on the frontend (SPA)
- Some Go for performance-relevant code
- Heavy Docker use, mostly hosted on AWS
- We release code every day
- A natural problem solver: integrations can be messy work, requiring equal measures creativity and patience.
- A self-starter: remote teams carry lots of autonomy. Theres no micromanaging here.
- A great communicator: were big on teaching, learning, debating, and explaining, and these things require clear, deliberate communication.
- Experienced working in ad-tech