Software Developer --Java 8 Bitcoin Trading Platform at Hays (Toronto, ON, Canada)
Add To BookmarksCompany:
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-03 05:00:06
Toronto Hiring Permanent Java 8 Developer Backend Programer Downtown Your new company Our client is Canada's largest local bitcoin ATM solution provider, and a successful bitcoin technology start up. The company has been grown rapidly in the past 3 years with operations in Both Canada and US. The company provides both offline ATM and online e-transfer to buy and sell Bitcoin and other mainstream cryptocurrencies. Your new role Due to company growth, we are looking for a Java 8 back-end developer who has 3 years of experience in Java 8 development, ideally someone who has experience migrating the old version Java to Java 8. You'll be working in a team of 4 engineers , including another back-end developer, 2 web developers and a fullstack developer. You will report to the director of software engineering. As a Java Back End Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining functional and stable back-end applications for our company, ensuring system consistency and availability. What you'll need to succeed To be successful in this role, you need to have these skills: 5+ years in backend development and strong knowledge in JAVA8 Programming language along with Maven or Gradle.
- Experience with HTTP protocol and RESTful services using Spring - Boot, JPA, MVC and Security as the backend tier
- Experience with functional testing, unit testing and code coverage
- Proficient in SQL. DDL, DML, relational database design patterns and indexes, MYSQL or POSTGRES
- Proficient on Git, Maven, Continuous Integration tools and Docker; Nice to have skills; Expertise using Swagger and/or Postman tools
- Experience on NodeJS and NPM management as well
- Experience with AngularJS/Angular
- Expertise on Python/PHP programming for web
- Expertise on Linux platforms and Shell commands
- Experience with Sonar and any CI
- Good understanding of cloud environments like AWS What you'll get in return If you're a Bitcoin or cryptocurrency enthusiasts, this is your chance. You'll be the one working to stabilize and make sure the backend for digital currency transaction is in safe hands. The team is great and caring - and the company is growing with 50 more sites open up every month. You will be paid up to 110,000 /year plus bonus and 2 weeks vacation, plus benefits. It's a fun team, and it's a good time! What you need to do now If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.