Software Engineer - All Levels at Gro Intelligence Inc (New York, NY) (allows remote)
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-03 05:00:34
We're Growing! Software Engineers & Senior Software Engineers
We are rapidly expanding our engineering teams and are looking for hungry, curious, fast-learning engineers for all levels and teams (Devops, Infrastructure, Data Science, Ontology, front-end, backend) who aren’t afraid of challenges!
We have a number of interesting technical problems we are trying to solve:
- Scaling our data pipeline for climate data, which means orders of magnitude more data
- Speeding up our SQL queries on Postgres with better partitions, indexes and queries
- Migrating to a micro-service architecture
- Improving our CI/CD pipelines in terms of speed and cost
- Bringing our ontology to a knowledge graph
About our tech stack:
- We leverage open source software including Postgres, Solr, Docker, Kubernetes, hapiJS, Jupyter notebooks.
- We rely on standard software development tooling including git, JIRA, CircleCI.
- We are cloud agnostic with a large chunk of our infrastructure currently on AWS.
If you’re looking for your work to have a bigger impact, then take a look; we’re for-profit, but mission-driven and together we are solving some of the biggest problems in the world today.
If you think you’ve got the right stuff for the Gro team, submit your resume - our engineering team is collaborative and cross-functional; you will have the chance to work on a variety of impactful projects and flex your creative muscles.