ICT Senior Officer at UNOPS - The United Nations Office for Project Services (Valencia, Spain)
Location: Valencia, Spain
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-03 05:00:53
Under the overall supervision of UNOPS Senior Programme Manager, the ICT Senior Officer will operationally work under Information Systems Officer and administratively work under UNOPS designated officer and may be responsible for the following key functions and duties:
- Business Analysis and Project Support
- Software Design, Development, and Testing
- Support and training
Business and Project Support
Participates in preparing user requirements and other technical specifications.
Undertakes analysis of well-defined modules within the system, develops enhancements and new features to existing systems; may design and implement small, stand-alone systems as needed (e.g. to meet individual user requirements).
Participates in developing and maintaining Information Systems project plans, schedules, and budgets. Assists in identifying appropriate human and technical resources to complete the project assists in assuring that deviations from project schedule are addressed and communicated, assists in developing timely project status reports, monitoring project risk factors, escalating project issues and providing Quality Assurance for all project deliverables.
Writes and develops programs to interface with existing systems.
Ensures data security and integrity.
Software Development and Testing
Assists in the design, development, and installation of information systems.
Undertakes rigorous testing and proving of applications software.
Participates with senior staff in assessing and testing new technology.
Support and Training
Maintains assigned portions of systems, providing operational support for system’s applications, analyzing and implementing system changes/upgrades, etc.
Prepares, updates and maintains system’s documentation and related technical/procedural manuals.
Assists in the set-up and monitoring of software performance measures.
Participates in Helpdesk support services.
May provide guidance to new/junior staff.
Performs other duties as may be reasonably required and in line with the incumbent’s scope of services above.
IV. Impact of Results
The result of the work of the ICT Senior Officer impacts the delivery of the OSH Medical System. It will also ensure proper processes and methodologies are followed and implemented according to the latest software development standards.
Education/Experience/Language requirements* Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.Education:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) preferably in computer science, information systems, mathematics, or related field is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- A minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in the planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of computer information systems or related area.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in administration, maintenance and development of occupational health and safety systems.
- Experience working for international organizations such as UN or similar.
Desirable: (The following experience is optional. Candidates who do not have it are welcome to apply):
- Experience in any one database management tools (RDBMS); i.e. MSSQL, Oracle, MySQL, etc.
- For this position, fluency in English (read, write and speak) is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language is an advantage.
Contract type: Fixed TermContract level: P2Contract duration: One year initially, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and funding availabilityFor more details about United Nations staff contracts, please follow this link:https://www.unops.org/english/Opportunities/job-opportunities/what-we-offer/Pages/UN-Staff-Contracts.aspx