Technical Lead at CitNOW Video (Exeter, UK)
Location: Exeter, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-03 05:00:54
(This is an opportunity to work for CitNOW's newly acquired business, Dealerweb. To find out more about this fantastic organisation, please follow this link; https://www.dealerweb.org/)
Are you looking to work in a fast moving, dynamic and evolving business based in Exeter?
Continued expansion means we’re looking for a Technical Lead to further strengthen a great software delivery team. You will have first class skills in Angular, .net core, Entity Framework, and Typescript.
You will also come with a wealth of experience, having developed complex web applications previously, including a thorough understanding of the best working practices to address issues such as scalability, performance and security.
You will be directly responsible for mentoring and personal development of the technical team, and report directly to the Technical Director.
You should be a good communicator at a technical level, analytical and able to understand and present complex solutions and explain issues within the technical team.
Your role will be 50/50 hands on coding, and team mentoring and development.
- Hands on development, principally in c#.
- Technically lead (not project manage) a team of around 8 Software Developers.
- Drive a culture of professionalism and excellence across the development team.
- Assist in resourcing decisions.
- Line management, including 1-2-1’s, training and skill development.
- To provide operational coaching and mentoring to the development team.
- collaborate with the technical leads to make technology and methodology decisions, including the standardisation of system architecture, coding practices and software tooling.
- To contribute regularly to discussions regarding internal process and system improvements to ensure maximum efficiency across the company. Including suggesting technical solutions to problems.
- To collaborate with the technical leads to drive the technological direction of our products, considering emerging and legacy technologies.
- Act as a stand in for our DevOps manager during periods of absence.
Dealerweb is an specialist automotive enquiry management system, working with some of the most well known global automotive groups, including Sytner Group, CityGate and Jardines Motor Group. Last year, Dealerweb helped over 12,000 users manage over 3,000,000 leads and after being acquired by CitNOW, the company is continuing to grow and expand worldwide.
Benefits include, but are not limited to, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) Flexible working patterns and an attractive company pension scheme.
This is a great opportunity to join an exciting, growing company who have a great suite of ever evolving software applications.